Chapter Thirty Eight - Detached

~*Happy Holidays*~
_________________________

Previously on Identity:

"Is this spot taken?" It was Shoto's voice. I looked up at him. He sat next to me.

"Hey," he said, looking at me.
"Hey," I responded, looking back at him.

_______________
Your POV

We sat in silence. Both of our eyes were looking in front of us and not at each other. I brought my knees closer to me by hugging them.

"I talked to Bakugo. He told me what was bothering you," Shoto said. I started panicking on the inside. What exactly did he say?

Shoto continued, "And whatever it is... just tell me when you're ready. He said that you've been hating yourself for the both of us and I get why you've been actually strangely lately. But I promise that whatever it is, I won't hate you for it especially if you feel this bad about it."

"You deserve so much better. Why not Yaoyorozu? Or Jiro? Or Mina? Or-"

I was cut off by the distance or better phrased, the lack of distance Shoto left between his. The felt of his face radiated on mine, he was all I could see. I had completely shut down at this point.

"Because they're not you." Shoto asserted. "I don't want anyone else but you." His hand came up to hold the sides of my face. He continued to speak, "I didn't want to be like this, but you have to start talking to me. That's the only way this can work out. It's the only reason this even happened. If you can't do that then we can't be together. Okay?"

I nodded.

"What happens to us now?" I asked.

"What do you want to happen?" He asked.

I leaned forward and put my arms around him. "I don't know." I confessed. "I don't know."

Shoto responded by wrapping his arms lovingly around me, "I love you." He said to me. The sense of security I lost in him was starting to resurface.

"I love you too," I replied.

~*Time Skip*~

Shoto and I may have amended things in our relationship (it was still under reconstruction), but every time I see Katsuki. I can't help but feel guilty.

Nothing I felt for Katsuki was fake, but he was too risky, too new for me, plus I already had Shoto. What more could I ask for even if I don't deserve him?

Still... he was able to put himself aside and do what was best for me when I couldn't. In the end it wasn't me who got left in the dust like I thought it would be. It was Katsuki.

Every time Shoto and I would mess around, hold hands or share an embrace, he would just turn away and had to stand by. And Kirishima knew what was going on, but all he could do is pretend like he didn't.

This was what I wanted, isn't it? Then why doesn't feel right.

Everyone was called down to the main floor by Aizawa. "A newspaper wants to do a feature on you all."