Chapter Eight - Birthday (Part 1)

Sunday

I walked home by myself from the grocery store to grab something for Aizawa. He said that I had to get use to going places and interacting with the world alone so me being here would become normal. I kept my head down since I was walking alone and didn't want to draw any attention to myself.

People didn't like me being here and that was bluntly obvious, but it wasn't like I could just go back.

On my way home, I felt the presence of something behind me. I turned to find a white cat with blue eyes following me. I walked a little further as did the cat. I walked a little further and so did the cat. I knelt down in front of the cat, I held my hand out for it. It placed its paw in my hand, then nuzzled it's head into my palm and purred.

I held both of her arms out for the cat. It climbed into my grasp and I carried it all the way home. Once I unlocked the door, it walked inside and explored the house. Aizawa was in the kitchen just like when I left. "What's with the cat?" He asked.

"It followed me home and now it keeps following around. Can we keep it?"

"Yeah, sure whatever." He replied. I went into the kitchen to see what Aizawa was making.

I sat down on the floor on the kitchen and played with the cat. "What are you going to name it?" Aizawa asked. People name animals? I guess.

"Clara?" The cat hissed. "Okay, not Clara." I kept thinking of names to give it. "Snowflake?" It hissed once again. "Fubuki?" It purred by my leg. "Fubuki, it is."

It walked away from me and rubbed against Aizawa's legs. He stroke the top of Fubuki's head. Fubuki purred in response.

"So you like cats?" I asked him.

"Yes, I do." He replied. "That's the only thing I actually like."

"What? Not even me?"

"Nah, you're just a annoying brat that I have to take care of." He said.

"See this...," I referred to his uncaring nature, "this is why you're single." I said.

He threw a frying pan at my head. "See this... this is why you have a frying pan to the face." He chuckled at his own comeback. "Do me a favor and get butter from the fridge."

"Yeah, okay, Old Man." I got up.

"Stop calling me Old Man, Little Girl."

"Stop calling me Little Girl, Old Man."

|||

I went straight to my computer. I continued on my mission to find my mother. At first I started with 353,000 candidates. I narrowed it down to 64 baby girls born on my birthday, with red eyes, and O negative blood.

I figured if any of the mothers had been over the age of 21 over than they mostly had no connection with my father. The number drastically dropped to 7 mothers.

The numbers were too low to me and I shut my computer and let out a deep breath. I don't think I'm ready to know who she is.

I went back downstairs and Aizawa was in the kitchen doing God knows what. Apparently, he was expecting guests. I was in the dinning room finishing up the last volume in War and Peace. The door bell rang and I got up to answer it.