Chapter Sixteen - Conference

Aizawa POV

Mizuko knocked on (F/n)'s door. "One second!" (F/n) called out from the other side. She opened the door a few seconds after. She changed into comfortable clothes. "Is anything wrong?" She asked.

"No, not at all." Mizuko said. "We just wanted to know how your night went."

(F/n) backed away from the door and let us in. "It was great. Shoto is great." Her face gradually turned a bright red, but her demeanor was unchanged. I knew she was smiling on the inside, but her ability to have that much control over her emotions is impressive. "What did you want to know?" (F/n) asked.

"I want to know the juicy stuff. Where'd he take you? Did he hold your hand? Are you two officially dating? Did you kiss? Please, tell me you kissed. Was it romantic?" Mizuko asked a bunch of questions.

I didn't want to hear anything about (F/n) being with a guy. "This is when I leave." I stated. I picked up Fubuki and went to my room.

|||

There was a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I said. Mizuko slowly pried the door open. "Hey." I greeted.

She walked over. "The Kiddo is asleep. I'm going to head out. I have work in the morning so."

I pulled her onto my lap. "I had fun with you tonight. Thank you for helping (F/n) out, there's no way I could have done everything you did for her today."

She pushed my hair away from my face. "It's the least I could do for her. Tonight she gets to sleep happily, as for tomorrow, she'll see the articles. I read some of them and they don't pull any punches."

"I don't really know how to deal with that. Luckily, tomorrow she'll get to meet with her new therapist. I hope that helps her... sometimes she really scares me. I don't know all she's been through and I'm not that much help to her."

"Shota, stop it," Mizuko stated, "She loves you. She sees your effort. That's enough."

I looked away from her and smiled.

"What are thinking?" She asked.

"I'm just thinking how much my life has changed since (F/n) entered it. My house use to be so bland, but now there are all these decorations around. I never had framed pictures and now they're all over the place. I'm filling out mountains of paperwork just so I can her father. And I have this girl, I can't get out of my head..." I flipped her down onto my bed, "or my bed." I closed the space between our lips. I could feel her smile against my lips.

She put her finger in between us. "I have work in the morning and (F/n) is asleep in the other room."

"Yeah, you're definitely not the quiet type." I said in a smug tone. She grabbed a pillow and slammed it in my face. "Neither are you! So shut up!"

Her cheeks puffed up. Aw, I embarrassed her. I smiled down at her. "I'll walk you to your car." I offered.

She rolled her eyes at me, "Then you have to get off of me, you Idiot." She said.

I walked her to her car. We said our final goodbyes and kissed goodnight. I sighed once she left. I walked back inside and sighed at the load of paperwork.

I went to her room and she was peacefully asleep on her bed. I was content knowing she had a good time. Mom already tucked you in, I see. She just comes and steals my job. I kissed her forehead softly and left her for the night.