In Loving Memory of Paul

I guess I'm starting this by saying, "Hi. It's the Koocie Monster aka CJ." People from my older works, "It's been a while". My peeps from my new works, "Yo, it's me, hi."

...So yesterday I found out that my favorite author passed away. Boy! Did that hit like a truck. He was such a young gem, so freaking talented too. The way he conveyed thoughts, emotions, and actions into words was unreal. All this to say, may he rest in peace.

Why am I writing this? Well, I've been reading homeboy's works since 2014, 2015-ish. He's unpublished a lot of works but I highly recommend you read what he still has out. "Quiet" is in the top three and his works. And if you are reading Mute, re-reading "Quiet" is the reason I republished it as well.

I only had one conversation with him, I didn't know him personally, but I think you should at least see what he left behind on this site/app.

He was truly what I aspire to be as an author. Not only was he was a good author, but I also resonated with his past and his struggle. It's not my place to put his business out there, but he was no doubt a fighter, he just kept fighting up until the end. He aspired me to start writing as well as to keep going. This whole thing, Koocie Monster, all of it is thanks to him. I was going send him a long message thanking him a while back, I had it all typed up and everything, but I never did which I'm regretting now.

So, just reach out to your favorite/important people in your life especially online because you never know what's going on behind the screen.

Adding on to this, I wish this wasn't the reason I decided to step out of my comfort zone... but he aspired me to write so that's what I'm going to keep doing even if I doubt my own writing. All my older readers know about the original story I started talking about months ago. So my first original work is out. It's there on my page.

I hope Paul knows I'm thankful. Thankful for sharing his story, writing his stories, aspiring me and others like me and so much more.

I hope you guys know I'm thankful. Thankful for you're unbelievable support and love, all your admiration, and kind words and so much more.

I know this wasn't long, I didn't want to take out too much of your time, but please check out Paul's account DiscerningCurtis.

May his soul rest in peace.