Chapter Thirty Four - Security

Last Week
Shoto POV

(F/n) has been gone for a week now. Nothing special has really happened in her absence. It was weird being separated her especially since I can't call or text her. And for whatever reason, she doesn't want to call anyone. She rather have letters sent to her.

I sent her a letter everyday, I paid to have my letters sent to her on the same day I sent it. I also paid for anyone who wanted to send her a letter as well. Bakugo took the biggest advantage, he sent a letter everyday. And Hitoshi only sent one letter which surprised me since the two were best friends. But knowing him he probably had his reasons.

(F/n)'s letters would usually come in every two days.

On the ninth day, my phone finally rang from an unknown number. The Caller ID was White Willow Psychiatric Hospital. I answered it immediately and put my phone to my ear, "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Shoto," I heard her say. A smile appeared on my face after hearing the sound of her voice. She continued speaking, "I was scared you weren't going to answer. I thought you'd still be in school."

"I'm walking back to the dorms right now. But I'm glad you did." I told her. "I've been missing you."

"I miss you too," she replied.

"How's everything? How are you? Are you coming home tomorrow? Are you feeling any better?" I asked.

"Woah, okay, slow down with the questions. Everything is fine. And yes, I am. Be ready for my star appearance. I'm better than I was before. I don't want to say too much. I'll tell you everything when I get back. I didn't call to talk about myself. I just want to hear the sound of your voice. We have nine minutes so just tell me everything going on with you." She told me.

During our conversations, I realized I took so many things about her for granted like the sound of her voice and her laugh and the way my name sounded in her voice. Right now, I was missing the way she would smile at me and the way her eyes looked when she was staring at me. I miss the reflection of myself in her eyes, I knew I belonged there. I knew I belong in her arms when she held me.

I could hear the nurse on the other side warning her that her time was almost up.

"Okay... alright, Shoto, I have to go. I love you." She told me.

"I love you too," I replied. The phone hung up on her side.

Once I was off the phone, I felt 18 pair of eyes on me. Everyone excluding Bakugo was staring at me.

"Kinda got lost in your own world there, buddy." Kaminari stated. "Guessing (F/n) finally called?"

"Yeah," I answered. I went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water I left in there. When I turned back around I internally straddled but externally I remained unchanged.

Kaminari, Kirishima, Mina, Sero, Jiro, Uraraka, Yaoyorozu, and Midoriya were blocking my exit. They were all in the same position with their hands in a fist in determination. They all had the same gleaming eyes and smiles too.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"How is she doing?" Uraraka asked.

"She fine, she's coming back tomorrow. She wouldn't tell me much, she wanted to wait until she got back." I answered. Everyone cheered in delight.