Chapter Forty - Time

After that night together, the tension between Shoto and (F/n) wasn't as thick. They could talk regularly in a group setting and stay in the same room together.

The others saw that as a huge improvement.

Slowly but surely... but all so very slowly, the broken up couple were becoming friends again, but nothing pass that boundary. They'd say hi if they see each other and perhaps talk if there's no one else to talk to. It took a lot of them to get to this stage.

(F/n) returned Shoto's jacket after she had it dry cleaned for him. She figured that since it was really fancy she couldn't put it in the wash. And she had heard the term dry cleaning before, but wasn't quite sure what it was. All she knew is fancy clothing equaled dry cleaning. Aizawa never really went into detail.

When (F/n) handed it back to him, he was in the living room with Bakugo, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, Mina, and Jiro.

"Oh, thank you," Shoto said to (F/n), "I didn't think I was gonna get this back."

"What did you think I was going to do with it?" (F/n) asked.

"Burn it." Shoto answered.

"Funny." She stated. "But I'll leave the fire to you, Half-n-Half." She teased, she pat his shoulder. She walked away, tossing her hand nonchalantly. Shoto's eyes followed her as she walked away.

When Shoto turned away from (F/n) and back towards the group, he was instantly greeted by everyone but Bakugo in his face smiling at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Sit your asses down." Bakugo asserted and they all went back to their spots before (F/n) came.

"Are you planning to get back with her?" Bakugo asked Shoto. Kirishima seemed to pay close attention to Bakugo especially since the topic was concerning (F/n).

"I don't know." Shoto answered.

"Why'd you break up in the first place?" Bakugo continued to instigate.

"Woah, that's kinda personal. Don't you think?" Sero commented.

"That's a question for (F/n), she's the one who ended things. I didn't really ask for an explanation." Shoto answered.

"Why not?" Mina inquired.

"Because I wasn't happy in the relationship either. Prior to us breaking up, her and I took a small break and that one was my choice. So I guess it was all leading to us finally splitting apart. So I didn't have to ask." Shoto explained. "But we're friends now so it's not all bad. I better go though, I have provisional license training in early in the morning."

Shoto went to the elevator and went up the second floor. He knocked on (F/n)'s door.

"Come in," she said. She didn't look up from her laptop at all.

"Just came to tell you not to stay up to late." Shoto stated.

"Just because you said that I'm going to stay up later," (F/n) replied.

"Do what you want."

(F/n) looked up from her laptop and met Shoto's eyes.

"Good night, Shoto."
"Good night, (F/n)."

In the morning, Bakugo and Shoto had to wake up before everyone else for their lesson... everyone except (F/n) who had to get into work early.

When the two came down, (F/n) had already made both of them breakfast. Shoto thanked her, Bakugo didn't thank her but instead sucked his teeth.