Chapter Forty One - Communication (Reprise)

Your POV

In these final stages, I've been exponentially busier than I usually was I knew this was going to happen when I was getting to the end of this case.

Everyone had gone to bed by the time, Katsuki and Shoto came back from their session. They were all beat up when they entered into the dorm.

I frowned at my brows at them, "What happened to you guys?"

Shoto and Katsuki met each other's eyes then looked at me. "Don't worry about it." They said in unison. I rolled my eyes at them.

I helped clean up their cuts and starches. Katsuki kept yelling at me when I using the  rubbing alcohol to make sure his wounds didn't get infected. Shoto didn't do anything but wince sometimes. I felt more empathy for Shoto than Katsuki who kept whining.

I put the last bandage on Shoto's cheek. "And done." I said. I didn't realize how close I was to him. I think Shoto and I both realized at the same exact time. I retreated my returning the rest of my body to my knees.

Shoto cleared his throat, "Well, I should go. Good night."

"Yeah, good night." I replied. Katsuki turned and looked at me with a smug look on his face. "What?" I asked.

"When are you gonna fix things with him?" Katsuki asked honestly.

"I'm suppose have a talk-date-thing to figure things out, but I don't know how that'll go," I told him.

"Hopefully, well." Katsuki said.

"I just don't want to hurt him again. I don't want to hurt anyone again." I confessed.

"I trust that you won't," Katsuki said. "Now go to bed." He aggressively punched my shoulder knowing that if I wasn't sleeping much because of work.

"Ok, I will, I will."

"No laptop or phone." He ordered.
"No laptop or phone." I repeated.

~*Time Skip*~

I've directly been working with Sir Nighteye to prepare for the meeting between heroes taking place at Sir Nighteye's building.

The date and time had been set. We've gathered all the information we gathered on both ends. Now, we need to work the collaboration with the heroes and finish this case.

But I did promise Shoto his thirty minutes. Before I left for work in the evening, he showed up at my door.

"Hi," he stood in front of me in what he deemed casual attire, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, sure," I stated.

I walked out my room and walked next to him. To my surprise the whole dorm was quiet and I didn't see anyone around. Shoto lead me out the dorm, we walked around the campus as we spoke.

It the scenery was quiet and calm. I've never really walked around the campus and took it in but it was grassy and green.

"So I've been thinking, if we do get back together. How is it going to end any different than how it ended?" Todoroki stated. "So I thought that we should just talk. Just thirty minutes of trying to reach common ground."

Everything he said made sense. "I agree." I said.

"So why did we break up?" Shoto asked.

"On my part, a lot of it was the lack of closure with my father since training camp. It started effecting everything about me... my thoughts, my views, my feelings and emotions. I wasn't in a good place at all. I was being attacked my past, my new life, my present, and my future. To top it all, I relapsed. I wasn't really me."