Chapter Eighteen - Practical Exam

(Long chapter ahead, remember to buckle your seatbelts.)
________________

A Few Days Ago
Aizawa

I sat in a meeting discussing the practical exam and results of the written exam with the principle and other teachers. We were discussing pairings, most have been decided already. There were few students left to discuss.

"Aizawa, can you give details on Chizome?" Principal Nezu asked.

"As we stand, Chizome is doing moderately proficient at her academics. She also is not accustomed to working with others... though that is a trait she has to improve on, I don't think we should exploit that on this practical. However, a gray area is how much combat experience Chizome has. We are all aware of her powerful quirk, with that being said it'll be a good idea to see how she applies it to combat." I said.

"Let's go over her scores, shall we?" Nezu said.

(F/n) hit right at the borderline for passing the final exam. Compared to the other students (F/n) was behind, but we finally have scores to monitor her growth.

"In addition to the written exam, I had (F/n) write an essay on her time here." Nezu picked up a stack of papers and passed it around. This was what she was talking a while ago during her finding her mother arc. Nezu gave us time to read through it.

The written essay capitalized on her experiences since that night on Hosu City. She wrote about the constant disapproval she gets from random citizens, the media, and students. She wrote about how confusing everything was to her and how adapting was very difficult.

Majority of her essay was about me. She expressed how I was helping her get through it all even if I wasn't the most approachable or charismatic person, I was still a big softy. Her essay ended with, "... Aizawa may be an awful guardian for all I know, however, I wouldn't want to call anyone else my father." If her goal was to punch me in the heart she succeeded.

"Woah, Aizawa tearing up!" Present Mic announced.

"I am not." I rebutted and lowered my face in my scarf.

"This was written almost two weeks ago. If we use the conference on Sunday as evidence, then that's proof things have gotten better. There are some difficulties Chizome is facing, I think we should exploit that during this exam. It seems harsh, but Chizome needs to have the mentality of hero, she does confide in Aizawa and his choices, and I believe we should as well. Aizawa, what is the best course of action?"

|||
Your POV

We were all told to change into our costumes and meet at the Practical Exam Area-Center Plaza. My costume was done. It was made if lightweight Polyurethane to diminish traction in water as well as increase mobility. My boots were a mixture of combat boots and ice boots. Under my hood was a pair of goggles. Around my right thigh was a pack, kunais, caltrops, and extended batons I use as escrima sticks or a bow staff when connected. On the back of my belt was first aid supplies in a waterproof bag.

When I was ready I walked out. I met up alone with Shoto. He raised a brow at me, "What's with the look on your face?"

"What look?." I said. "This is the final exam, it just... I feel, I-I", I took a deep breath, "Going through this means I have to really consider myself a hero. What's to say, I won't give up because I'm just not good enough."