Chapter Seventeen - Final Exams

So many ghost readers, man.
_______________

Aizawa POV

I was woken up by my mother. "Sweetheart, it's time for you to get ready for work." She said softly. I noticed I was asleep on the couch. Mizuko was still asleep next to me. Mom left the two of us alone.

I gently shook her awake. She tiredly opened her eyes, she yawned, and put her head back on my chest, "What time is it?" She asked. I gingerly grabbed my phone from the coffee table, making sure not to disturb a tired Mizuko. "7:05." I answered.

She detached herself from me and stretch. "I have to be at work in an hour. Do you mind if I shower here?" She asked.

"Not at all." I answered. We both greet my parents good morning. Dad was cooking breakfast while Mom was sipping on a cup of tea. After, we started up the stairs.

Mizuko went to shower,  I went to wake up (F/n). She was asleep on the floor with notes and textbooks in front of her. Her hand lazily held on to her phone. She was still on FaceTime with Shoto, he was asleep as well on the phone.

"Hey, Sweet-pea, wake up." I gently tapped her. She arose from her slumber. "It's time to get ready." I said.

She sat up, "Okay." She answered tiredly. It didn't look like she got much sleep last night.

|||

While (F/n) was still getting ready, my parents, Mizuko, and I all conversed. We mostly talked about Mizuko and our relationship. Things were fine as it is, (F/n) still wasn't aware of our relationship.

Mom commented on how cute we were. She was happy I was trying to settle down. Dad said he was happy for the both of us, he told Mizuko that it would be a good choice to run before she ends up getting married to an Aizawa.

"There's nothing wrong with Aizawas." Mom said. "I love the both of you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have chosen you and I wouldn't have tolerated you all for so long."

"Choose?" I asked.

"Your mother had options." Mom said.

"You mean that jerk of a jock with the stupid superpower quirk... he was no competition." Dad said.

"That's not what you said when you were in tears practically begging me to be yours." Mom rebutted.

"Dad?"

"He knows the truth." Mom said. "I'm not going to lie, I did put your dad through hell. He had feelings for me and I didn't return them at first instead I was interested in that jerk of a jock as your father likes to describe him. One day, I was walking home in the rain. Your dad was walking on the same street I was on with flowers in his hands. He stopped to talk to me, he walked me home, carrying his jacket over me as an umbrella to keep me from getting wet. When I asked him who the flowers were for, he confessed he was going to ask me to the school's dance and how he's liked me for a while, however, he saw jerk of a jock ask me first and was letting his feelings go since I didn't feel the same way. I didn't go to the dance with your father, but I did agree to a date. And eventually, your mom was head over heels for that emotionless brick sitting here."

"That's adorable, it's honestly quite gross." I said.

Mizuko rolled her eyes at me, "The most romantic thing your son has ever done is scold me about my life decisions."