Chapter Fifty Two - Moving On

Shoto POV

I slowly woke up on my own. The only thing I had to do today was go to my provisional hero license class. I slowly balled my fist simply to stretch my fingers but something in my left hand stopped my motion. I brought my hands to my line of sight and saw (F/n)'s school I.D. I didn't really know the proper way to react. I knew she wasn't coming back. She made that clear save her identification card made that even clearer.

I sat up examining her card. It was just her name, student number, a photo of her, and a barcode. Yet, secretly I knew it was my last piece of her. Maybe not forever, but there was no telling if I'd see her in person again or ever—but I didn't like thinking about that. In fact, I shouldn't be thinking about that.

I got out of bed and took a cold shower. I just let the freezing water hit me as I played the conversation we had in my mind in repeat like a broken record. There was so much I could've said and so much I wanted to ask... but maybe it's better this way. Sometimes in life you don't get the closure you deserve, and you just have to move on.

It's clear she wants me to move on. Besides that, I need to move on for myself. It's time to finally say goodbye. Although we didn't officially break up until last night, these past two weeks have felt like one. No one tells you that in break ups that you will grieve whether you want to or not, it finds it's way to hit you or that there's days you'll want them back or the amount of anger that just sits in your soul or how hard it is to delete photos or how you'll try to text them like normal and realize they're gone.

But before she came, I have been doing pretty well lately. I stopped sleeping in Bakugo's room, I didn't need Yaoyorozu to hug me or comfort me as much, I sometimes would talk with the others. But there was still a piece of me holding onto her her and Bakugo never failed to remind of that fact. I think seeing her was the final step to tell me that it was really over.

I got out of the shower and prepared for the day. Aizawa came into the dorms as I was taking my sheets out the washer and putting them into the dryer.

"(F/n)'s I.D was reported to come onto the grounds during midnight. Did she make any contact with either of you?" Aizawa asked. Bakugo who was eating breakfast. Bakugo denied. I also denied.

"I woke up with her I.D in my hand," I stated, "She may have left it."

"That's it?... Did anything else happen? Why did you change your sheets?" Aizawa questioned.

"I'm a teenage boy sometimes things happen at the night that I can't control." I responded. Aizawa let it go at that. He placed his hand against his face in exhaustion and dragged it down. I was dealing with losing my girlfriend, Aizawa was dealing with losing his daughter on top of that he and U.A was receiving a lot of backlash from (F/n)'s disappearance as well as on a community to find her.

Aizawa never really talked about his relationship with (F/n)'s mother, but I knew they weren't in a good spot right now. Apparently there's things that happens to couples after the lost of a child that leads them to separate, although (F/n) isn't dead, the two of them were having trouble trying to support each other, and a lot of their individual insecurities were showcasing themselves. I overheard one of their arguments and they don't sound nice.

"Alright, then. Bakugo, Todoroki, you have half an hour before we leave. You know where to meet me." He stated then walked out.

I went over to the kitchen and simply made a bowl of cereal. I sat at the table as Bakugo and ate my breakfast.

"Tch, you okay?" He asked me.

"No... but I'll get there." I replied.

|||