Chapter Sixteen and a Half - Day One

Your POV

Aizawa parked in front of a house, I looked at him confused. He turned his head to me. "What?" He said. "Were you expecting some huge office building?"

"Well, yeah." I said.
"Let me ask you this would you feel more comfortable in an office building or a house?" Aizawa asked. I saw his point. "Her name is Akasuki Matsu. She's a doctor and has her own private practice."

"How do you know she won't just release what I say? People would kill to get any information on me." I argued.

"She won't do that. You need to trust her. Plus I knew her I'm junior high." Aizawa said. He rang the doorbell. A woman in her thirties opened the door. She was short with blonde hair and bright yellow eyes. "Hello, Chizome, Aizawa. Please, come in." She smiled and let us in. "Well, Chizome, it's going to be the two of us for an hour."

"I'll be back in an hour. Behave yourself." Aizawa ruffled my hair.

"I'm not the one who has trouble behaving I shot back, Old Man." I fixed my hair.

Aizawa left and I was in front of a random stranger who is suppose to help me. Once Aizawa left, I went dead silent. She guided me to her office, she closed the door behind us. "Aizawa told me a lot about what was going. He also said that you're not an easier talker. So what can I do for you to make you feel comfortable and safe?"

I started asking questions about how this work. She answered all of them. I was still a little skeptical on if I should just trust her. Matsu Akasuki must have noticed how I shut down. "Chizome, let's try something. Instead of diving right in, let's get to know one another. How does that sound?"

I nodded.

She told me about herself first. Mrs. Matsu was married and has a three-year-old son. She went to school at Yubito University. Her quirk is Sun Ray, she's basically a human flashlight. Her favorite thing to do is read.

It was an indirect way of her getting me to talk about my personal life— school, my friends, Shoto, my family. With the good that came with all those topics, there was also the negative. I was behind academically, I couldn't relate with my friends that well, Shoto's father doesn't like me, my father was in prison, my mother recently re-entered my life after not wanting me in the past, and Aizawa was fine.

"What's the problem in your opinion, Chizome?"

"I guess I have this feeling of never belonging and I'm sad most of the time but nobody knows that. I hate being around large groups of people, I don't like being watched. My father, he's not in my life anymore and it's like I can still hear him, see him, feel his blade, feel my pain."

"What do you when that happens? Let's start with your feelings."

"I say exactly what I think or I go completely silent. I don't know how to say what people want to hear."

"What about your father?"

I pulled up my sleeve to the healing scars. "I don't remember this happening, but Aizawa told me that I trapped myself in ice kind of like a cocoon and when I came out there were cuts all over me."

"I see... your father, do you want to describe him for me? If you're not comfortable talking about it then you don't have to."

"I don't want to talk about him." I pulled my sleeve back down.

"Then tell me about Aizawa."

"He's the best. He's been here for me since day one, he's been here for me through everything lately. To sum it up he's the father I never had." I said.

We talked more about my relationship with other people like my mother, Hitoshi, Shoto, Kirishima, Bakugo, and others. That took up a lot of our time together.

"I expect to see you again tomorrow, Chizome. We'll find a way to help you move forward. On that note, I'll be watching your conference today. Good luck, you'll do fine."

"Mrs. Matsu, you can call me (F/n)." I said.

"In that case, you can just call me Matsu." She said and smiled.

Aizawa came to pick me up, we bid Mrs. Matsu farewell. During the car ride, Aizawa asked me how it went. I told him it went well. We went out to eat at a Ramen place for lunch. When we got home, Aizawa hurried me to get ready, even if I had plenty of time.

______

If you want, I have a "rant book". It's called "Dear Life, What the Heck?"