Chapter Eleven - Lies

Aizawa

I don't know what was up with (F/n), but it was definitely something. She always had to go "out". She never specified where just out. That's all I ever get from her.

"Hey, Aizawa." She said, getting my attention. She continued, "Do you like that I live here?" She asked.

"Yeah, I love having you around." I responded and ruffled her hair. She glared at me as she tried to fix it. "Why are you asking?"

"I just wanted to make sure I wasn't a burden or anything." She clarified.

"Of course you're not, get that stupid idea out of your head." I said.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, Old Man."

"Little Girl, you have classes to learn from and I have classes to teach. We got to get moving in 15 minutes." I informed her. She nodded and started grabbing her things. "I have a feeling you're not telling me something." I said on our way to school.

"Why would you think that?" She asked.

"Because you always have to go out. Where exactly do you go?" I looked straight at her. "Don't lie to me."

She kept a straight face and stared me down. "I'm don't have to tell you anything."

Fucking teenagers. That led to an argument on its own. I told her that I was responsible for her and that I needed to know where she was. She argued that she's not a child and that I should trust her enough to let her go where she wants.

"It's not a matter if I trust you enough. It's a matter of your safety."

"I've been taking care of myself for the past 15 years, I don't need anyone taking care of me now." She said bluntly. "Last time I checked you're not my dad."

My eye twitched at her comment, but had already arrived at school. "This is not over. We'll talk about this later."

"Yeah, whatever." Was her only response before walking away.

|||

When we got home, our argument continued. "I'm not arguing with you. You are a 15-year-old, who claims that she can take complete care of yourself and yet two weeks ago you were on a hospital in and out of life."

"I'm not arguing with a single, lonely 31-year-old man that's so caught up in his self-loathing to even attempt to be a good person."

"Excuse you!"
"You heard me."

"Go to your fucking room."
"Gladly."

She stormed up the stairs and I heard her slam her door from upstairs. Which was followed by a scream of frustration. I took a deep breath and tried to think. Take care of her they said. It'll be easy they said. Just give her shelter, food, and clothing they said. Well they can suck my ass.

I looked over to Fubuki who was on the stairs, she looked thrown between going to (F/n) or staying here with me. I walked over to Fubuki and picked her up. I walked up the stairs to (F/n)'s room.

I knocked on the door. "I don't feel like talking to you." She said from the other side of the door.

"Okay, I'll just stay out here. When you're ready to talk, I'll be right out here." I took a seat by her door with Fubuki. I stroked the top of Fubuki's head.