Chapter 7

Kally's P.O.V

It's a new day and it's time to go to work. I get dressed in my work clothes then tie my hair in a high ponytail. Next, I grab my purse and walk out to my living room. I walk to the fireplace and turn it on since it's a fake fireplace. When I stand back up at look at a frame. The picture is of me and Dylan, the one he took and texted me. It brought a smile to my face. He looked pretty good when I saw him, I'm glad he's having a good time on set but I miss him.

I walk outside of my door heading to my car. I get inside then take off to my boring job. New York was a busy city so you can only imagine how bad the traffic is at times especially on a Thursday. I sigh as the block where my job has a lot of cars. Cars trying to park and other cars trying to cut people off. Sometimes I just park far away and walk it, which I'm about to do right now as a car leaves from a parking space. I quickly drive over to the parking space and take the keys out of the ignition then grab my purse. I close my door and sigh as to how my job is at the end of the block.

I walk slow just enjoying the nice breeze. I start to think what Dylan will do for our date, I wonder if he's going to call me and say he's not coming home on Tuesday that he has to stay in Canada for a little while longer. Then I'll really be upset. And I want to tell him how I feel.

I walk into my building then head to the kitchen first. My boss can shut up I'm not waiting to eat. I grab a bagel and orange juice. Then I head up to my desk upstairs. I walk up to Luther.

"Hey, Luther. I went to the school you told me about and I applied and I'm very excited about it, so thank you." I say with a smile.

"Your very welcome Kally! I'm glad you did it. Even though I'll miss you here when you become a teacher." He says with a grin.

"Hey! We can still hang out!"

"You bet."

After I wave and head to my desk. When I sit I eat my bagel and drink some juice.  Chewing on my bagel I unlock my computer. Luckily, there weren't any emails I missed because no one had work yesterday. So I sit back and wait for a call or an email. I take more bites of my bagel. When I look up I see my boss with his arms crossed.

"Ms. Bakers' can I please see you in my office."

Ugh, fantastic. I pick up what's left of my breakfast then throw it out. I clean my face the straighten up my outfit. I walk in and he closes the door behind him. When I sit he walks and sits in his seat.

"When are you going to follow lunch hours?" He asks.

"Well, if I don't get anything in my system I won't be able to do work. Sorry, sir." I bark.

He sits straight and folds his hands, "I won't tolerate this Kally. You're going to have act like this job isn't a joke," he mentioned staring at me which I hated.

"I don't act like this job is a joke, in fact, I know you hate my guts so you won't see me in a few months."

"And why is that?" He asked sitting backcrossing his arms.

"Because I'm going to a school to become a history teacher."

"Wow, congratulations." He says slowly clapping, I can tell he's being sarcastic.

"You don't have to be sarcastic Mr. Pander."

"I wasn't... So if you're going to leave this company we have people waiting for a job here so... You're fired." He says with a calm voice folding his hands again.

My face drops, "wh- what? I'm- fired? Bu- but I need the money to pay for the school I started going to." I said with a harsh tone.

"You will receive your last check in the mail but right now I want you out of here." He says pointing to the door.

I stand up since this was going to be the last time I was going to see him I leaned to his desk and held my hands out and pushed everything off his desk to the ground. He gasped loudly, I hated this fucker my whole time working here. I laugh lightly then look at him and give him the middle finger. After that, I storm out of my door and walk to my desk. I grab my purse and coat then walk to the exit.

"I guess this is the last time I will see you because our- your prick of a boss just fired me," I said to Luther before storming off. He looked so confused but I didn't have time to explain right now. This was starting off as the worst day of my life.

----

Sitting at home in tears I flip through channels on my TV but nothing is making me losing my job off my mind. How did I not see that coming? I always did my work, always. I shake my head. I rub my eyes and sigh.

Staring at my TV I think about my parents. I haven't seen them in a while. Maybe I should drive up to see them take my mind off this. I sit up and turn off my TV. Now is time to put on a pretty face.

---
I ring my parents' doorbell then my mom comes to the door.

"Kally-kins." My mom says with a smile bringing me into a hug.

"Hey, Mom." I smile then hug her tight, I missed my parents so much every day.

-----

My parents and I cook together broccoli, mashed potatoes, and chicken. I sit with them at the dinner table and we eat and laugh.

"Kally honey, how's the job?" My dad asks.

That brings a frown to my face, I was hoping this wouldn't come up. "Well, I sorta got fired today," I say looking down.

"What? Why is that dear?" My mother asks.

"Well, you guys know how much I always wanted to be a teacher?" They both nod, "So I started at this school and I said to my boss how I'm going to leave the company when I become a teacher so he said-"

"That since you're leaving soon he wants you to leave now?" My dad cuts off.

I nod my head.

"Oh honey, don't worry. It'll be all right, you can find a small job to pay for the school. Your father and I would help but- we don't work anymore."

"No, mom it's okay I understand," I say with a low tone.

"Sweetheart. I think you'll be all right. Heck, once you moved out I knew you would be okay. You are going to do great things Kally-kins. And you will be a great history teacher. I am proud of you." My mother smiles.

"Thanks, Mom. You too Dad. I love you both."

"We love you." My father says.

----

After a long night, I hug both of them and kiss them on the cheek goodnight. I'm happy I visited them, they always knew how to cheer me up. Driving back home I realized I never bothered to text or call Dylan. Well, I'm not really in the mood. Right now I look at the clock and see it's already six o'clock. Time to go home and sleep away the many thoughts roaming my mind.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!!!!!!