Chapter 48

Chad's P.O.V

Yesterday was a weird day at home. Kally wasn't herself I can tell. She actually hasn't been herself at all lately. I hope she'll tell me what's wrong or what's on her mind. It's very hard to read her sometimes.

I wish she would just talk to me. Kally says nothing to me but a few word answers. I hate that we were at that stage. She and Dylan were done why is she making it so hard for me to be with her?

It's two days till Lauren make it to senior year. I couldn't wait to see how happy she is going to be knowing she's going to be a senior next year. I'm so proud of how far she's come. Lauren has improved in her math class. More importantly, she's been getting a lot more sleep. She's going to do great things next year. I just wish her parents were here more to see it.

I walk onto set then head to the dressing room. It's basically a routine for this movie. I walk in and sit down on the chair waiting for my hairdresser to walk in. I'm the only one here so I fetch out my phone.

There are no messages from Kally as usual. Well, she is at school right now so I know she isn't allowed to text or call during school hours so that's understandable.

Shortly, Mandy arrives sitting in the spot she normally sits at.

"Welcome back buddy." She manages to say then checking her hair in the mirror in front of her.

I smile at her comment.

"Now that we have to basically spend the next few months together... Do you have any kids? Are you single?" She asked turning her head to me flashing me that smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Well, no I don't have any kids. I have a niece that I'm close too. Uh, she's basically my daughter. And to your other question." I sigh hard, "It's complicated." I tell her. Which was true. It was the most complicated situation. Was it even worth it waiting for Kally?

Mandy turns grabbing the lipstick out in front of her applying it to her lips. "Well the woman you are sort of dating doesn't have to overthink it. I mean what is there to not love about you?" She mentioned than finished applying the lipstick. I stare at her eyes as she turns to me. She had that flirtatious grin and it drove me nuts.

I swallow hard before answering, "Um, thanks for that comment." I tell her turning to look at my mirror. My hairdresser finally came to work on my hair.

After spending three days together. I was learning more about her. Even if she wasn't speaking her body movements, her eyes, her smile. I can read her all too well. I assume it's the same for her about me. We already had a couple of scenes together where we hugged, held hands. Every time we did it I couldn't stop looking into her brown eyes. Mandy is falling hard... And I think I am too.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!