Chapter 41

Kally's P.O.V

I attach my diamond studs to my right ear next to my left. I wear my Two hearts forever; one Diamond; Rose Gold over Silver & Sterling Silver Heart Pendant that Dylan got me. I feel terrible wearing it, I didn't deserve it because I've been unloyal... But I think it'll show him how much he still means to me.

I haven't spoken or heard from Chad in days. His touch I've craved was fading away every minute I thought Dylan. I ask myself if the reason why I hadn't heard from Chad is that he's over me... Done with using me to fuck with Dylan. Although Dylan is pretty pissed with me. If I tell him that he'll want to hurt Chad even more than ever for messing with my feelings.

The school's theme is prom night for staff and students. The students had prom last month but since it's the end of the month and the Principal ran a poll; everyone picked that theme. I wore a dark blue lace dress with a slit showing my right leg. My hair is curled pushed behind my shoulders. I wore my dark blue heels hoping I wouldn't be doing any dancing tonight because heels aren't really my friend. I once almost broke my ankle during a dance at my aunt's wedding.

The clock read five-thirty. I hope Dylan heard the time right. It felt weird if I rang him again, who knows if he'll even pick up. Our last phone call was not very long and there was loud music. Seems he was doing fine without me.

I walk down my stairs making sure I don't trip over my dress. My black coat is hanging on the rack by the front door. It makes me think of Saturday when Dylan pushed me away from him. After everything I put him through, he finally let all the anger out in that shove. I didn't like it but I guess it's what I deserved.

I grabbed my purse along with my coat heading out to a party that determined if Dylan and I will ever be okay again.

-----

The music is pounding wall to wall. The punch is going mainly on the floor as kids bump into each other. The other teachers are either talking to one another or having a fun time. Students are in a circle dancing their hearts out. While I'm in a corner drinking punch that's more than likely spiked alone waiting for my boyfriend to show. If I have the right to even still call him that.

The subs are going as kids take one large bite destroying their appetite for the rest of the night. Others are outside in the back passing a joint as if they wouldn't get caught. Of course, I see Jamie with that crowd I still can't believe he's going to be a senior next year. Hopefully, they don't promote me to teach seniors.

My eyes wander to heads bumping to the beats, kids jumping fist-pumping, to someone standing with their hands in their pockets staring back at me with a small smile. My heart thumps out of my chest. It's more of a why you feeling? Rather than I can't believe you're here feeling.

"You actually came?" He shouts over the music his smiling growing ear to ear.

I don't want to talk to him, he must know everything that happened and he's still mind fucking with me. "Stay away from me Chad... Haven't you done enough?" I yelled throwing my cup in the garbage. Dylan can walk in any minute now. If he sees me with him it'll blow everything over. Over the loud music around me, I still hear his footsteps creeping behind me every step I took.

"Let's dance."

I stop in my tracks turning my face to him, "Why?" Is all I manage to say. His daunting hazel eyes peering before me practically staring into my soul.

"Because if we can never be together I want to feel you one last time, it's only nine fifty-four." He says holding out his hand for me to grab. I know I shouldn't but maybe this was it between Dylan and I. Already four hours into the party and he wasn't here. My eyes look to his hand. I bite my lip as my hand holds his. He smirks guiding us to the dance floor as a slow song starts.