Chapter 43

Dylan's P.O.V

My head is pounding like crazy. There are conversations happening around me I can't make up what they're saying. Did I make it home last night? What the hell happened yesterday?

"Arggg," I groan out loud rubbing my face.

"Good Morning." A woman's voice spoke walking over to me.

I open my eyes slowly as they focus on a woman who looks shockingly familiar. "What happened?" I asked her.

"You don't remember anything from last night do you?" She asked sitting in front of me in a pretzel.

I answer her with a shake of my head.

"I'm Jenna. We made out until you blacked out. Perhaps a bit too many drinks huh?" She reminds me with a huge smile.

"Huh..." The memory came back to me. Not all of it but I remember kissing her before I blacked out.

She smiles then looks down at her fingers. Her mouth parts as she's trying to scramble her words out, "Who's Kally?"

Wait, how does she know her? "Um, were you looking through my phone?" I asked as my brows furrow.

"No way." She paused with a giggle. "You said her name a lot in your sleep." She looks up at me her face relaxed.

Did I really? Who would've known? "Oh, well. She's the ex-girlfriend."

"Sounds like you miss her."

I nod my head in response.

"I guess you still love her?"

"You guessed correctly." I tell her sitting up groaning at my back pain.

"So, there's a festival today. Maybe this Kally girl will be there and we can make her jealous... How does that sound?" She asked a calm tone in her voice.

I raise my brows, "You'd do that? I mean you don't like me or anything-"

"Of course not, Dylan. You just needed to get away and I wanted to help you with that. Anyways since you obviously still love this girl maybe tonight will help you get her back." She assured with a huge smile upon her face.

"Wow. Okay, that actually sounds pretty good." I tell her scratching my chin. I wanted to get Kally back regardless but if I notice any hint of jealousy it means she still loves me... The way I still love her.

"So your in?" She asked holding out her hand.

I grab her hand shaking it, "I'm in."

-----

Jenna and I drive to my house. She suggested I shower and get a change of clothes unless I wanted to look like a drunken mess in front of Kal.

She was right though. I knew how much Kally hated when I was a huge mess. Jenna also suggested I shave. I picked up my razor shaving off the chunks of hair. The festival starts at six pm. Right now it was four pm. I needed a couple of hours to get ready. Jenna was already in a change of clothes. She probably went home quick then came back to the bar to wait for me to awake.

I was glad there weren't any strings attached between her and me. Of course, when Kally and I are okay I'll tell her but it's not like we were together when it happened. Just like when she kissed Chad when she and I were still dating. Who knows if she'll even be there with Chad or not. Kally was pretty predictable nowadays.

I walk out of the bathroom touching my chin as my beard is gone. I grab a short sleeve blue shirt from my drawer along with khakis pants. I look in the mirror liking who's looking back at me. It's time I pick myself together. I know what I wanted. Taking baby steps was the right way to go.

I walk down the stairs noticing Jenna looking up at me a huge smile creeping up at her face.

"You clean up nice." She jokes.

I roll my eyes playfully, "So," I start looking at my watch. "We ready?" I asked.

She stood up flipping her blonde hair behind her shoulders, "Indeed." Finally, we both walk out to my gray Sedan. This was either going to make things better or worse.

-----

The music is loud and there are people everywhere. The parade floats are huge and colorful. People are shouting cheering, others are dancing. Many others were recording the whole thing with their cell phones.

I haven't spot Kally. Maybe she was home wrecked over our break up. It pained me to know she was hurting.

"Hey, I got you fries," Jenna grabbed my attention from my wandering eyes.

"Oh, no thanks."

Jenna shrugs her shoulders then eats the fries. I turn around looking for her. She had to be here.

"Do you see her?" She shouts over the loud music.

"No I don't-" I stop when my eyes focus on a woman with dark short hair. A yellow sun dress. My heart skips a beat... It's her.

"She's beautiful," Jenna says out of the blue.

I smile, that indeed she was. Kally was one of a kind.

Of course like I said Chad is with her as is his niece Lauren. Kally doesn't seem to be having a good time when her eyes meet mine. I can see the hurt in her eyes as they travel to Jenna. At least it meant she still cared about me like I still care about her.

"Hey! Dylan!" A man's voice rips my attention away from Kally.

"Oh, hey Tommy!" I yell with a huge smile shaking his hand.

He smiles but his eyes travel to the girl next to me. "Who's this?"

"I'm Jenna. Don't worry I'm not with him." She assured him.

"Okay," he gives a confused look. I turn my head back to Kally. She's talking to Chad and Lauren.

"Uh, dude. What happened with you and Kally?" Tommy asks leaning his arms over the gate.

"She kissed the guy she's with right now."

"Wow."

"She also was about to sleep with him but stopped. But when I asked her if she wanted to do it. She said yes."

Tommy scoffs, I turn my head to him confused. Shouldn't he agree with me on why I should be mad?

"So what if she wanted to? I want to drink and or smoke sometimes but I don't because I know it's wrong." He pauses, Tommy takes a deep breath before continuing. "She didn't do it because she loves you too much."

I look back to Kally who can't take her gaze off of me. Was Tommy right? Had I over reacted? She told me she couldn't do that to me. Maybe at the time, she wanted to do it because she was confused. Does that mean there's still a chance for us?

"It's clear you guys still love each other. The two of you are practically eye-fucking right now."

I let out a small laugh.

"Just hear her out. You guys will find your way back to each other. It just takes time." Tommy smiles patting me on the back.

I guess I should just let fate and destiny do its magic. She and I belonged together, there was no doubt about that.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!!