Chapter 16

Kally's P.O.V

-six months later-

"Wow! This is my classroom!" I walk around the room astonished with my boyfriend Dylan O'Brien. This is my first day where I'm going to be teaching history to Juniors in high school. I'm very excited and I have been waiting for this day. I couldn't have done it without my good friend Tommy, yes we're good friends now he no longer has to feel a threat towards Dylan and the other way around. Also, couldn't have done it without Dylan for believing in me. This just feels like a dream come true and I have been doing well financially if you wanted to know. Leaving my old crappy job was the best thing I have ever done.

As for this I am getting paid eh, little than what I did get paid at my other job but I don't care about that I wanted to do something that would make me happy. Now after getting a tour of the building the principal left me and Dylan alone in the classroom so I can settle in. I hope these kids like me, I used to always have stage fright when I was a kid but I knew I'd have to overcome it if I wanted to be a teacher.

"Look at you." Dylan holds his hands out to me, "You did it, babe." He says to me and pulls me into a hug then kisses my forehead.

"I know isn't it amazing?!" This is the best day ever. "Hey, good thing there's an air. It gets hot here in the summer." Its only spring now. Dylan and I have been on many dates and have been together for over six months now and we have never been happier.

"Hey, did you hear anything about your new role? What's the movie called again?" I questioned walking to my desk to settle everything up.

"Uh, it's a movie called fear types. It's about two brothers one is a criminal good friends with his dad. And the other brother is the lawyer for another person, not me. I play the criminal. So my co-star will be trying to keep his person safe and put me in jail." Dylan finished then sat on top of one of the students' desks.

"Hmm, sounds promising." I mention then sit down, "Wow, sitting here it feels so real!" I squeal, "Oh my God I can't believe it's happening."

Dylan walks over to me, "I know babe," he kisses my lips then smiles. His watch beeps and he has to go to Arizona to shoot his movie. "Oh, I have to catch my flight. I'll be back home soon."

"Okay, bye, I love you." I put my hand on his way shoulder and kiss his lips.

"I love you too, call me and tell me how your first day went please I want to know everything." He mentioned then walked out of the classroom waving goodbye. I waved back then sighed happily, this was going to be such a good day.

The first bell rang and kids started floating the halls. No one walked inside my class yet as I stood by the whiteboard with my hands by my side. I felt a little nauseous but I kept telling myself everything is going to be okay.

Soon a couple of kids started to walk in. I waved at them and smiled some of them did the same others not so much. It's okay though they have a new teacher after their other one quit because they got another job in another state who was going to pay them more. Hopefully, I will rub off on these kids.

"Hello," a girl said to me.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I said waving to her. She had brown long hair and brown eyes, maybe looked around seventeen to eighteen.

"Lauren, you forgot your poster project." A tall man by the door whispered to the young girl that just said hello to me.

"Um, it's okay you can come inside." I laughed it off waving him in.

"Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt, I'm Chad Laker I'm Lauren's uncle. She told me that she was getting a new teacher today Ms..."

"Ms. Bakers'. Yes, I'm very excited to teach these wonderful looking students, and please your not interrupting having school work is very important. " I say with a small chuckle.

He laughs with me, "Great, so I'll have to catch my flight, here you go Lauren." He says then walks over to hand her the poster.

"Thanks, Uncle Chad, see you soon." Lauren mentions with a smile.

He waves goodbye to her then walks out of the classroom.

I smile at her then clear my throat, "Hi everyone," I wait for everyone to finish saying hello, "I'm Ms. Bakers' and I will be teaching you history, and in this folder, I have everything that your previous teacher has taught you and what he didn't get to. So can anyone tell me where we left off?" I ask with a smile. The classroom is quiet and looking down or up at the ceiling. "Okay, maybe that was too soon. Do you want to go around the room so I can get to know your names?" I ask hoping that will lift their spirits. Still nothing. Oh boy, I didn't think it would be this hard.

----

My first day as a teacher went well I guess. First period kids were tired of course it's the first period and with a new teacher, fourth was more energetic, pretty too energetic where I had to send the class clown out of the classroom. And period eight was quiet but answered when I asked them something so by far I think I'm going to have to go with period eight as the class I like so far.

Lying in bed I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I take it out and notice it's Dylan. I slide the answer button then put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, how did my favorite history teachers first day go?" I hear Dylan say with tons of excitement in his voice.

"It went well." I say with no enthusiasm.

"Oh no, what happened? Do I have to ride back to New York and kick some punks ass?"

"No," I laugh, "As if you could." I joke to bust his chops.

I hear him scoff over the phone, "Oh really Bakers' you wanna go there?"

I laugh, "No, my day was all right the kids have to get used to me. I even had to kick out the class clown."

"Oh no, the class clown is the best. It's what always made me want to go to class to laugh silently to myself on how much of an idiot they were being to get attention."

"Yup, that's always great." I pause, "So, how's set?"

"Well, I just met everyone and my co-star just landed, um his name is Chad Lakers."

I sit up as I recognized the name, "Cha- Chad Lakers?" I ask bewildered.

"Yeah, why?, Do you know him?"

"I think, he was at the school and he has a niece that is a student of mine. He told me his name then gave his niece her project and that he had to catch a flight. I think that's him, wow. He's an actor?" I was so lost on how this was all adding up. Lauren didn't tell me her uncle was an actor, and why have I never heard of him? Does she know who Dylan O'Brien is? Does she know her uncle is working with him?

"Wow, you seem very shocked about this." Dylan laughs but I can hint a little insecurity in his laughter.

"No, no I just I don't know. That didn't seem like something... He didn't look like an actor, I mean you'd think you'd hear about that guy in the I don't know news but no." I finish then look around my apartment still sinking everything in.

"Well, I'm glad you had a good first-day babe, I'll call you tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay, bye Dylan."

"Bye." He hangs up the phone. I still can't believe Lauren's uncle is working with my boyfriend. I know you shouldn't get close to students but I think Lauren is going to be my number one.

A/N: Time jump!!! I hope you loved this chapter!!! Remember to vote and comment!!!