Chapter 42

Dylan's P.O.V

The sun is up blinding me. I roll over on my back rubbing my tired eyes. The day had only just started and I wanted to go back to sleep. I turned to look at the clock it was twelve-thirty pm. So much for never waking up at a decent time. I sat at the edge of my bed cracking my neck.

After I grabbed my black T-shirt from my floor throwing it on. I was in no mood to be home today. I walked over to the other side of my bed grabbing my khakis pants. I slid them on buttoning the button zippering up my pants. I loud out a sigh of distraught not sure how today is going to end up for me.

All I wanted was to forget my problems for once. I needed to have fun, let loose. Walking toward my mirror I at least fix my hair. I comb the knots out as my hair was getting thicker by the minute. My beard was growing a lot but not enough to have to shave it. I guess stressing does really make you age quicker. Which is why I had to forget today.

I grabbed my cell phone stuffing it in my pants pocket. The other pocket held my Marlboro cigarettes. I slipped on my overworn green Adidas. Those things were damn right destroyed but I never bothered to buy a new pair. I ran down my steps quickly. The weather was getting hotter in New York. It was summer in just a couple of weeks. They better have the AC cranked at the bar.

I grabbed my car keys then swung my front door open. I didn't expect to see her... The person I was trying to forget.

She stood there idly her hands behind her back.

"What?" I said my hand resting on the door frame.

She moved her hands from the back of her to the front. "I just came to give you this," she says handing me the spare key I made her to get into my house.

"Okay." I shrug my shoulders taking the key from her hand. "Goodbye," I tell her closing my door walking past her.

"Wait!" She pleaded turning my way.

I stopped, "What is it?"

"I just wanted to tell you. The kiss didn't mean anything. Chad kissed me." She started her eyes in deep sadness. "If it makes you feel better I didn't feel sparks or anything when he and I kissed." She said.

I look at her not knowing how to respond. Just because she didn't feel anything doesn't mean she wouldn't go back to him.

"Look, we need space like I can't keep- Kally you are in love with two men and I can't love you knowing that you have feelings for someone else... I'm not saying that you have to be with me I'm just saying that I'm done with this Kally.... we need some space. I'm not so..." I don't want to tell her I'm not over her because it'll hurt me too much, probably hurt her more. "Just please leave me alone." I leave her with that walking towards my car. I get inside starting my car. I see her in the left side of my mirror as she walks to her car.

If she was hurting she should imagine how I was feeling.

"This is not what I wanted to happen today," I say to myself in a low tone. "I need to get away." Finally, I drive off to the bar.

-----

"Hit me again," I say to the bartender.

He pours me another shot of tequila. I grab it bringing it to my mouth throwing my head back enjoying the burning sensation dripping down my throat. I released a sigh of content happy with my drink of choice... The guy hits me again without me even having to ask.

I take the shot once more closing my eyes at how strong the taste is when I swallow it.

"Another?" He asked tipping the bottle of my shot glass.