Chapter 51

Dylan's P.O.V

The bar is filled with: people playing pool, others drinking trying to hit of girls, others are in the corner smoking cigarettes. Kally and I are at the bar drinking a beer together. She looks as beautiful as ever. I'm glad she was taking care of herself throughout our breakup. She left her sweater in her car as it was starting to get humid. Especially with everyone in here.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Her beautiful green eyes that matched her green crop top. Man how I missed her dark hair, it has gotten longer since we've parted. I wondered if she was growing it out. There wasn't much to talk about between us. Although, maybe there was a lot.

"How's life Kally-kins?" I ask my eyebrows raised. She snorted at the nickname.

"Um, it's going okay I guess. It sucks being out of a job though not really much to do." She tells me tapping her long nails on the beer bottle.

"Yeah, I get that." Is all I have to say. As I said there's not really much to talk about. "The weather is going to be bad. Next week, forget about it." I tell her then pick up my beer drinking a sip.

She laughs, "Wow, we're seriously talking about the weather." Kally rests her hand on her chin while the other is rested on the counter.

A grin creeps up my lips, we're are back at our awkward stage just like when we'd first met. "Did you like the movie? I saw you laughing it up in there."

She turns her head to me, "Right, yes it was very funny. I liked it a lot. How about you?" She questioned with a sweet smile.

I nodded my head, "I actually did a lot."

She nods her head turning back to stare at the countertop. I felt we needed to get through our phase and talk about what we did between our break up. It's clear we're not over one another.

"Di- did you go to the movies alone?" I asked although she must have because she wasn't sitting with anyone.

Kally swallows hard then drinks her beer before answering. "Yes, I did go alone. I'm- I'm single well I have been single since you broke up with me." She pauses before continuing. "Chad knew I didn't feel the same for him as I did for you. He said it was fine- he's okay and he and I haven't talked in two weeks. Chad is officially out of my life." She tells me her tone serious. Kally stares at the countertop once more not daring to look me in the eye.

I appreciate her being honest with me. I'm even happier she didn't go out with Chad. I guess I have to give it to Chad that he knew Kally would never be over me. Is it fair to tell her about Jenna? I mean I was drunk but that's no excuse. Also, we were broken up it's not like I kissed Jenna when Kally and I were together. "Well, I have something I think I should tell you." I start grabbing her attention. "When we were broken up. I made out with a girl that worked at a bar. I was drunk but that doesn't make a difference." I let out a chuckle, I run my hand through my hair. "Uh, it wasn't this bar if you were wondering."

Surprisingly she doesn't get mad. "We were broken up Dyl. I mean I wish I didn't have to hear that." She laughs, "But I guess it's better that you didn't do it while we were together like I did..." Her voice stops short at those last words. I can tell she's uncomfortable and upset all of a sudden. I put my hand over hers gripping it into mine.

"Hey, that was then. This is now. I'm still rooting for us... For new beginnings." I smile big ear to ear.

She looks down nodding her head letting a small smile appear, "I know, I am too." Her eyes drift to our hands. I can tell the sadden in her eyes has disappeared. Kally and I may not get back together today, but I know soon we will. All we had to do was take baby steps and soon we'll find our way back to each other. I'd wait a lifetime to be able to call this girl my girlfriend again.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Remember to vote and comment!