Chapter 46

Kally's P.O.V

Chad hadn't called or texted me since the whole time he's been in Virginia. I was beginning to think if I should call/text him but who knows if he's exhausted from set. This was the last week of school. Lauren was very excited to see me today. It's Monday but the school got closed since the heatwave.

It was ten am in the morning. I decided I should go see Lauren in an hour to see how she is doing with her uncle away. Her parents said they'll be home more often since their daughter is making it to senior year but they haven't shown up yet. Well, for a long time, her mother and father only stood for a straight hour then vanished.

I can't imagine how she must feel. It's basically like they don't care about her and just want to pretend she never existed. Lauren doesn't seem to mind though because she loves Chad.

I throw on a pair of dark blue high waisted shorts. I grab a light pink button-up shirt sleeve putting it on and slipping on my brown sandals. I put my hair up in a ponytail then take one more look in the mirror before I take off.

I unlock my car leaping in the driver's seat. I start the engine then take off. The heatwave wasn't a joke. I felt like I was sweating already being outside for just a second.

Honestly, I didn't know what I was going to do now that I was out of a teaching job for the next two months. Along with Chad in Virginia. I had no one to spend time with. Sure Lauren but a part of me wanted to hang with..... I shouldn't even think or talk about him. There was no way of coming back from what happened. Ever. Or maybe there is.

I park on the curb near Lauren's house. I walk to her front door then ring the doorbell. Moments later she answers.

"Hey, Lauren. How are you?" I ask walking inside.

Her hair is down and she's wearing a purple tank top along with Jean shorts. This heatwave was no joke.

"Hi, Ms. Bakers," she smiles walking over to the kitchen. I follow.

"I told you it's okay you can call me Kally." I've mentioned it to her several times.

She shakes her head, "It makes me feel weird I like calling you Ms. Bakers." She laughs.

I nod my head, "I understand. So have you heard from your uncle?" I ask her wondering if he wasn't ignoring just me.

"Oh, yeah he wanted to call you but figured you were sleeping because it's so hot."

"Oh, I guess I should call him now." I tell her. I take out my phone and walk to her living room.

If he didn't wanna wake me. He could have at least texted me. I leave my ringer on vibrate when I'm asleep. Sometimes I leave the ringer on if I pass out but other than that...

The other line picks up right after the first ring, "Hey," I start off.

"Oh, good morning Kally." He says with a calm tone.

"What's up? Lauren told me you wanted to call but thought I'd be asleep."

"Oh right, I wanted to tell you about the set. It's actually been pretty fun."

"Wow, that's great to hear, Chad."

"Isn't it? My co-star Mandy Will. She's a funny girl."

I pause from answering when I remember the name in a flash. That's the same girl that tried to steal Dylan away from me. The same girl that caused our first-ever fight. I remember how much it hurt me seeing him kissing her. Does she know that he worked with Dylan?

"Kally?" He asked on the other line.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That's great Chad I'm glad you're having a great time." I tell him trying to hide the concern in my tone.

"Thank you. Hey, I'll see you tomorrow. Don't worry we'll be together soon."

I didn't know what he meant by that. Did he mean together-together or just be in the same room?

"Yup, okay I have to go Lauren wants to bake cookies," I tell him.

"Oh, well okay talk to you soon. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone.

I wonder what was going through Chad's mind. Did he really think Mandy was all that funny? She did have a way to get into guys' personal space. Also, didn't mind flirting with guys whether they were taken or not.

"Ms. Bakers'? Ready to make some cookies?" Lauren grabs my attention.

"Oh, of course, honey." I walk over to her then grab the pan from under the stove.

I set it down on the counter. Lauren is getting the stuff to make the cookies while I stare at the pan. A million thoughts are going through my head. Some have to do with Chad. The other major percent has to do with Dylan. Maybe it was best I stay single for quite a while. I honestly didn't know what to do. My heart was confusing me along with my mind.

"I've noticed you've haven't been yourself lately," Lauren says out of the blue. My forehead wrinkles as I'm confused about her statement; although she wasn't wrong. "Ever since I saw you kissing my uncle in the room then your boyfriend- ex-boyfriend walked in it seems you still don't know how to react to the whole situation. Look I know it's a tough situation but I don't know if my uncle noticed it but I did. At the festival, you couldn't keep your eyes off Dylan. Same with him I can see it in his eyes he still loves you so much."

Tears start to fill up in my eyes but I keep my eyes closed to fight them.

"I may haven't ever been in love I still have a long way to go but... You still love him too. I'm not sure if you feel the same way about my uncle but that's okay. You might still feel something for him but not the way you feel for Dylan." She pauses to take a deep breath in and out. "Just Ms. Bakers' when my uncle comes home tomorrow just, please. Listen to your heart because although I do respect you, I'd rather not see you break his heart. He's all I've got and I can't lose him." I open my eyes to look at her. I wipe away the tear that escaped.

I'm too choked up to say anything instead I nod.

She gives me a grin, "Good. Now let's get baking!"

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Remember to vote and comment! :)