Chapter 17

Kally's P.O.V

I walk to the teachers' lounge to have my breakfast. I haven't really made friends with any of the teachers yet. Are teachers even friends with each other? Well, anyways it would be nice to have a friend in this school.

I take out my bagel along with my orange juice. A couple of minutes later teachers started to come inside the room. I did get here pretty early. They all sit on their own tables some alone some with each other. A lady looks over at me and smiles, probably welcoming me to the school since I'm new here.

This place is good. It has an air conditioner in all of the classrooms which is a surprise. The bathrooms are not filthy and the food here is great even though I picked up a bagel from home. Other than that I think I'm going to like it here till I promote myself to teaching college kids.

---

I'm now in my classroom waiting for the students to settle down till the first bell rings. I stand up then write the assignment on the board to do pages 234-245 definitions. Also, they have to write word for word. The bell rang and they settled down I didn't even have to tell them to quiet down.

"Good Morning, class. Today will you will be writing down definitions on pages 234-245 and please write them word for word I will be checking it tomorrow. Whatever you don't finish in class will become homework." I announced to them. I looked around to see if they would ask any questions. "Okay, you may get started. If you have any questions please feel free to ask." After that, I sat down at my desk and pulled out my laptop.

I was thinking of taking my students on a trip to the museum. It will help them learn more about history. The other thing is I'm new and I don't think the principal would approve. Of course, I'll have to send out a permission slip and not every student will be able to come because of behavior issues, or money issues, of course, the trip would at least cost twenty-five to thirty-five dollars. I don't know I have to talk to Dylan about this, also to the principal.

----

I tell my period four class the assignment. When I sit down the class clown I kicked out yesterday has something to say.

"Ms. Bakers' this is a lot of work." My student Jamie mentions.

"Well, Jamie if you get a lot done now you won't have that much homework. And if you don't do it you'll get a zero." I tell him hoping that solved my case.

He sighs and opens his textbook. That's what I thought. Being a teacher was stressful I didn't like being the mean teacher or uncool teacher. But school wasn't about being friends with the students; it's about teaching them and that's what I'm here to do. I have gotten compliments from some of my students stating I'm doing a good job and it seems I care more about them than their old teacher ever did. And that made me so happy. I just hope this kid Jamie doesn't give me a problem for the rest of the semester otherwise, I am in trouble and have to let my mean side out.

---

Dylan's P.O.V

Half of the cast is at this coffee shop taking a break from our big filming day we had yesterday. I swear I almost passed out while filming I was so tired. Yesterday while filming it was three in the morning. I'm just glad I get to have a cup of coffee in me to keep me awake from the shooting we're going to be doing today.

I sit alone looking at my phone waiting to see if Kally will text me. It's four pm here so it must be seven pm where she is in New York. Which it's not that late but she must be tired from work. Although, I'm tired too. I wanna call her but I'll just let her rest.

"Hey, Dylan you were pretty good on set, you can really hold a yawn back," Chad mentions sitting across from me in the booth.

"Yeah, I have been doing that for many years of acting. It gets challenging but you will learn." I laugh it off, "How long have you been acting?" I questioned as I took a sip of my coffee.

He moves around in his chair then folds his hands on the table, "I have been acting for small movies that my friends and I make on YouTube and actually someone saw it and thought I was really good and wanted me to work in this movie. They said I would be perfect, which the producer said that." He smiles with a small laugh.

I nod my head, "That's pretty cool, Chad. Are you enjoying this though? It's like more real, not that filming with your friends isn't as real but."

"No yeah I know what you mean, yeah it's totally a lot of pressure but I think I like it. Hey, maybe I'll be as famous as you one day." He laughed.

I laughed with him, "Yeah maybe." My phone starts to ring in my pocket. I look at it and it's Kally. "Excuse me I have to take this."

"Sure, no problem," Chad mentions.

I get out of the booth and walk out of the coffee shop. I press answer then bring the phone to my ear. "Hey, I wanted to call you but I didn't know if you would be tired from work," I say into the phone leaning against the wall.

"Oh yeah, that's totally fine. I am actually pretty beat." She chuckles, "but I had another good day. Today the kids had to do definitions and I told them I'll check them tomorrow." She tells me into the phone, I can tell by her voice she's sleepy.

"That's good, definitions at the easiest. But they do take a while." I state.

She scoffs, "Now you sound like my student Jamie the class clown. But anyway I was looking at a museum in New York that I think it would be cool to take my students. What do you think?" She asks waiting for me to respond.

"Honestly, you just started working there I don't think the principal will allow it. I mean you don't want to put a bad word for yourself right?" I tell her hoping she won't get mad that I didn't side with her.

She pauses but I know she's piling her words together in her head, she does that a lot when we talk about something serious, "Yeah your right, it was just a thought. Maybe next year I can do that. Plus I still need to learn more about this school." She finishes.

"Yeah, there's plenty of time babe."

"Okay, I am so tired I'm gonna head to bed. Good night Dylan." Kally says.

"Good Night, I love you."

"I love you too." She replies then hangs up.

I wish I could be in New York with her right now. I miss her so much.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Remember to vote and comment!!!