Chapter 23

Dylan's P.O.V

The phone rings for another minute. What could Tommy be doing that he can't pick up the phone? There was nothing else I wanted more than to know if Kally really meant the words "I love you," whenever she said them to me. There's always a difference between saying it and meaning it. I meant it every damn time I say it. Sometimes I feel like she stutters when she says it like she's afraid to love me.

All this extra time I have off of work makes me have a million different thoughts flowing through my brain. Most of them being negative. The thought of someone else making her smile or laugh burned a big hole in my chest. She is the woman I love and I aspire to spend the rest of my life with, I hope she feels the same.

Finally, the other line picks up.

"What's up Dylan?" Tommy questions with a tone that seems his busy right now. I wanted to call him last night but I knew he wouldn't have been awake.

"I'm on set, filming." I start off before asking my question which now I feel is wrong and disrespectful, but I have no other theories.

"Cool man, I'm actually really busy right now so-"

"Wait!" I called out. "I wanted to ask you something."

"About?"

"Kally."

"Dude, I told you already I'm way over her." He says with a serious tone.

"No," I chuckle, "I know you are. I just wanted to ask you... She's been acting weird recently and I was wondering if there was ever a time when you knew she wasn't telling the truth or if she was hiding something." I questioned hoping he'd remember even though he was intoxicated throughout their whole relationship.

I hear him sigh over the phone, "I'm not sure man. Our relationship is basically a blur." He mentions making me sigh harshly.

"Great, thanks man for nothing," I say sarcastically. I'm about to hang up till he stops me.

"Wait. I don't want to ask what's going on but okay I remember something. If she puts her hair behind her ear when you question her and if she bites her lips it means she's hiding something."

Tommy hangs up the phone. I feel like I can't move as I remember her moving her hair behind her ear and biting her lip. If I ask her about the text message yesterday on my laptop again I know she'll get mad. Maybe I'm overthinking this all too much. Kally must love me if she's not going to this other guy. I don't know I just don't trust Chad. Not one bit.

-----

It's been two days on set and today I can finally leave to see Kally. She must remember but she hasn't said anything about it. I thought she would be happy to see me today.

"Dylan I just wanted to say good work. Have fun on your days off. I'm still stuck here, unfortunately." Chad laughs it off offering me to shake his hand.

I'd rather flick his hand away, instead, I grab it, "Thanks, man. Have fun here," I say patting his shoulder then walking away.

If there is anything I hated more in my life, it would be that guy. Just every time I'm near him I get a negative vibe. Usually, I have a good sense of picking up these things. Something's not sitting right with me. If I have to keep telling myself I love her and everything is going to be fine till I believe it... We have a long time coming.

My flight took off to New York. I tried to ease down a little. I was going to be with Kally, Chad wasn't since he can't go home yet. I'm happy about that. I wonder what his niece would think of him trying to get with a taken girl. Especially a girl who is her teacher. I bet she'll never be able to get that out of her head. Along with the kids at her school. That'll be bad for her. It's not her fault her uncle can't keep his feelings to himself.

The plane landed and we all started to get out. I made my way to the airport then saw a girl standing with a poster above her head. She's too short to see with everyone passing by but I squint and realize it's Kally. Everything I had in my head before wiped away. This was all that mattered right now. I can save that storm for another time.

I drop my suitcase then she smiles and we run to each other and she wraps her legs around me and I hold her close. This was the best surprise ever. We haven't said a word to each other, I hold her so close I never want to let go. Her arms are so tight around my neck I basically forget we're at the airport. It feels as if the Earth has stopped spinning for a moment and everyone else is frozen. She and I are the only two people on Earth.

I move away from her neck and kiss her lips soft and gently. She kisses me back. I love this girl so much. Her legs fall to the floor as my hands move to her waist and her hands cupping my cheeks. We haven't stopped kissing for a while. Her sweet lips taste like strawberry chapstick want more.

We pull back breathing heavily with our foreheads touching. I could care less if people were complaining about PDA. I missed my God damn girlfriend, I couldn't wait to press her against me with our mouths connected.

"Hey," I breath out with and small laugh.

She smiles back, "Hey."

A/N: AHHHH Dylan and Kally reunited!!! :D Remember to vote and comment.