Chapter 27

Kally's P.O.V

Monday morning at the school was a breeze. Students walked to their first class in henchbacks and weary eyes. My heels clicked at the ground causing heads to turn. That made me walk quicker to my classroom to avoid anymore eyes on me because of my loud heels. They weren't the most comfortable thing to wear to work but it was most professional. If I had worn sneakers I was afraid heads would still turn on my unprofessionalism.

Just inches away from my classroom I heard students chatting to one another. When I entered the room it fell to utter complete silence just as I'd hoped it would. I set my stuff down smiling at the kids who some were messing with their phones while others were waiting for my morning introduction. I kept them waiting no longer when I came over to the other side of my desk to welcome them.

"Good Morning class, I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend." I started off eyeing the students on their cell phones, "Before I continue I just want to say If I see a cell phone I'm taking it." The students huffed out a breath before putting their phone in their pockets, I smiled at the gesture. "Thank you, now I have a project I'd like to assign; you can work individually or in pairs it doesn't really matter to me just as long as I get the project in my hands before Friday. Now I will be handing out the paper that states what the project is and if you have any questions feel free to ask them" With that, I walked up to every aisle of students handing them papers to take one and pass it down behind them. Luckily, no one had any questions so I can sit down while they got started on their project.

It wasn't a difficult project. All they had to do was make a poster board of any tragic thing that has happened over the last years that has affected the United States. I made extra points if they present it but I myself used to get stage fright presenting in class so that's why I didn't make it a requirement; although that doesn't mean I won't budge the student to do it for those ten extra points.

-----

"No, Jamie you either work by yourself or work with a partner, you can't have two people in your group I said pairs or by yourself." I hissed at Jamie with my arms crossed over my chest.

He sighed lowering himself in his seat, "Why not? This fucking blows." He cursed under his breath thinking I wouldn't hear. Some students gasped looking back at him then towards me waiting for my reaction.

"I don't think you want to use that tone young man, I will send you to the principal's office. But I understand your frustration so I'm going to give you a warning, if you can't handle my rules get out of my class or you can stop acting like a fifth-grader and do as I say. Now, I will be deducting five points from your project, so you better hope it turns out great." My tone gave no way of bluffing. This kid was getting on my last nerves. He shook his head not responding then sitting up to read the paper, I finally got him to shut his mouth. A sigh of relief left me as my phone chimed.

"You almost out of work?" Dylan texted me.

I completely forgot the wonderful yet terrible night we've accoutered last night. Shouldn't be thinking about it at school though.

"No, I have a lunch break then one more class. Why what's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to know." He responded.

I decided to leave it at that knowing it was unprofessional to text during a class. Dylan had to leave for his flight tomorrow at twelve. I would be able to see him for a little while before I had to go to work at seven-thirty in the morning, he better like being woken up early.

When I began writing down notes on my next agenda for the next week I noticed a hand was raised. It was no other than Jamie.

"Yes, Jamie?" I asked folding my hands together hoping it wasn't another bullshit retort.