Chapter 47

Chad's P.O.V

The flight home was easy. I sat alone in the back listening to music wishing this flight would go faster. Virginia is not that far away from New York but I was not driving here and back. That just wasn't going to happen.

Virginia was a beautiful place. I wondered if I would want to live there once. That would have to work with Lauren's parents. My brother. His wife would miss their daughter a lot although she barely even sees her now. Lauren and I could start a new life in Virginia. Maybe Kally too.

It wouldn't be long until the plane landed. All I wanted to do was see Lauren and Kally.

-----

The plane lands and I grab a taxi to head home. It was a nice sunny day. It was already five o'clock so Kally must be out of work. Also, Lauren should be home. There were only three days till Lauren makes it to senior year. I made sure with the director that I must be home to see my niece graduate to senior year. It's all I ask for, luckily she was fine with that.

The taxi driver stopped in front of my brother's house. I paid him and thanked him then walked out. I grabbed my luggage and he drove off. This was it. It felt like it was an eternity I was away from the two of them.

I take a deep breath then walk up to the door. I knock on it waiting for the door to swing open. It doesn't which makes me confused. I fetch out my keys and put them in the doorknob and turn it. I walk inside the house closing the door behind me then setting my luggage down. I don't see anyone till I make it to the kitchen. Lauren and Kally are making a pizza.

"Uncle Chad!" Lauren shouts. She runs over to me and gives me a big hug.

"Hey, Lauren. I missed you." I smiled hugging her tightly.

"So, we're making pizza. Although Ms. Bakers' spilled sauce all over the floor. But she cleaned it and apologized at least twenty times." Lauren states smiling looking back at Kally.

"Welcome back, Mr." Kally manages to say then turns back to the pizza in making.

Lauren walks away from me moving back to help Kally. Kally doesn't take her eyes off of the pizza spreading the shredded cheese all over making sure she doesn't miss a corner. She looked so focused on the pizza rather than saying hello to me properly.

I sigh then kick off my sneakers. I walk on the opposite side of the counter. I wanted to tell Kally about my job and how it's going. Lastly, she finished the pizza off by putting pepperoni on it. I hope she'll acknowledge me now.

She holds up the pan until Lauren takes it from her. "I got this, my uncle obviously looks like he wants to talk to you so go ahead." She smiles taking the pizza away from her. Kally nods her head wiping her hands with a towel. Next, she walks over to me following me to the living room.

"It's good to be back." I start than sit on the couch. Kally sits next to me leaving a space. I'm about to put my arm around her till I think twice about it.

"How's set?" She asked forcing a smile.

"It's great actually everyone's nice. No problems." I say basically meaning no fights between a guy and me worried I'll steal his girlfriend. Which I kind of did.

"That's nice." She pauses nodding her head. "So that Mandy girl... What's that about? Is she your- is she the main character like you are?" She asked fiddling with her fingers.

"Oh, yeah she is it's a love story movie. It's just me and her she's very funny and sweet." I tell her with a big smile. Kally nods her head.

"Well, I'm happy for you." She says with a small smile.

It looks like she might be jealous. But what of? "Thanks. I have a lot of scenes to shoot. This is going to be the longest movie ever." I tell her with a sigh.

"I bet Chad."

I change the subject, "The pizza looks great. Who's idea? Your's or Lauren's?"

"Lauren's during class we were both thinking about pizza." Kally laughs showing me her smile that I missed.

"I'm glad. Pizza is the key to everyone's heart." I laugh along with her.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!