Chapter 37

Dylan's P.O.V

It's a new day and I emerge from my trailer bed. Shirtless as every night I scratch my left shoulder with my right hand. After it falls as I sit my elbows on my knees bringing my hands together. I crack my neck as it's stiff from the lousy mattress they have here.

I sit up groaning as I just want to lay in bed for the rest of the day. When I grab my shirt I notice it's almost one o'clock in the afternoon. As I'm fixing myself I notice Evan walking past my trailer. I still didn't understand the phone call yesterday so I thought he could help me out.

I rush out of the trailer jogging to Evan, "Hey! Man, wait up." He turns to me appalled.

"Yeah?" He questions turning his body to me.

I scratch my chin before continuing, "Uh, I wanted to ask you about that phone call yesterday- who called you to give me the phone?" I asked letting my hand fall to my side putting them both in my pants pockets.

"Oh, that was Chad. He said some kid was a huge fan of you, it sounded like he was at school because I heard some kids talking in the background." He finishes. Evan looks at me studying my face, "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"No, no- thanks for letting me know." I turn before he can ask anything else. If Chad was at the school then that means he was there to see or find Kally. And that kid knows about it too and alarmed me.

I figured I have to be on set. But when I reached my trailer my head turned when I heard greeting. I squinted to see Chad shaking hands with Paul and Evan. He was back. A harsh breath left my mouth as I went into my trailer slamming my door shut. My hands found them tangled in my hair as if I were able to rip it out. I paced back and forth trying to stop myself from bursting out in flames. I didn't want to lose my job, but how Kally and Chad were behaving I'd have no other option than to beat Chad senseless.

"Dylan we need you on set!" I heard Paul shout in his megaphone. I could give a fuck if he needed me right now. If I go out there right now I'm going to hit Chad and I don't want to do that if I wanna keep my job. I have to cool down. I take deep breaths closing my eyes while I exhale. Finally, my heart slows down and I feel the less urge to hit something.

I head over to my closet taking out the outfit I have to wear for the scene today. I slip on the dress pants then blue dress shirt fixing the tie. The black blazer is sitting on the chair and I grab it swinging it behind me sliding my arms in the sleeves. I take a look in the mirror not liking who's looking back at me. A victim of an affair his girlfriend is having behind his back.

Walking to set Paul's eyes light up when he sees me. He points to where he wants me to sit. Suddenly when I walk over Chad turns his head looking at me in the corner of his eye. At that moment the words the kid said to me on the phone repeats in my head.

"Oh you know.... you know... you know..." No matter how many times I'd hate to admit it... I did know.

"Ready for the biggest scene of our life?" Evan whispers taking the seat next to me drawing my attention away from Chad.

I look forward to the judge that's getting his mic on for the scene.

"Yeah, whatever," I mutter under my breath. We're currently in a courthouse. Well, not a real one of course just one they made for the scene. There are extras behind us seated while I'm with Evan and my lawyer isn't here because he arrives late not caring about my case. Chad on the other hand has his two clients behind him who know they're going to win the case because lovely Chad no I'm sorry Gary is their lawyer.

Paul sits with the camera crew throwing his fingers in the air. "Okay! Three, two, one action!" He shouts then pointing to us.

"All rise." The judge shouts as we all stand on command. An officer walks forward, "Please raise your right hand if you plead to tell the truth and nothing but the truth." He States raising his right hand. Me, Oscar, Gary, Gary's client's all raised our right hand. "You may be seated." He says then we all at once take a seat. I breathe through my nose trying to hold back the fury running through my veins.