Chapter 50

Kally's P.O.V

- three weeks later -

Today was a nice day. It was seventy degrees. I was out of a job so I had a lot of time to just do nothing which bothered me a lot. I didn't want to be home doing absolutely nothing. So instead I looked up on my phone if any movies were coming out.

There was a new movie coming out called jumanji welcome to the jungle. It actually looked pretty good. Actually, pretty funny. I wonder what it would be like to be sucked into a video game. Then to have three lives only and if you are on your last life and die then that's it for you. That's actually pretty scary, being stuck in a video game. Especially a dangerous one like that one.

I decided to wear a green flowy crop top. A pair of high waisted jeans. I roll up the sleeves at the bottom to my ankles. I always felt I would trip over them. I slide on my brown sandals. I check my hair in the mirror moving around the curls. I run my fingers through my hair giving it more volume. My hair has grown longer stopping just above my boobs. I love my dark hair so much. Next, I apply light pink lip gloss to my lips then stuff it in my purse.

I do one more body check spinning around making sure there aren't any holes in my clothing. Don't need any embarrassment today. Finally, I walk out of my room walking down the stairs. Movie theaters are usually cold so I grab a light sweater.

I walk to my car opening the front door. I check my lip gloss in the mirror and everything seemed okay. Lastly, I start the engine then ride off to the movies. The weather has gotten cooler. Though it's now July temperatures are going to raise starting next week. Main reason why I want to go to the movies this week while I won't die of heat. The summer was looking pretty fine. I just couldn't wait to see my students for next year but I shouldn't be thinking about school right now. Man was I boring myself.

I park at the movie theater. I lock my car throwing my sweater on over myself. I zip it up and clear my throat. It didn't look that packed which was great. The fewer people the less hot it will be in the darkroom. I was actually very excited to laugh my ass off because of this movie. It's been a while since I had a good laugh. Basically been a while since I had a good anything.

I walk into the theater seeing there are at least five people in line. I walk up behind the people and take out my wallet. I take out twenty dollars. Movie tickets were no joke. It was like every day the prices were getting higher and higher.

"Hello Ma'am, what movie ticket would you like to purchase?" She asked speaking in the tiny microphone.

"Jumanji," I tell her not bothering to say the rest.

"Okay, that'll be eleven ninety-five," she says. Did they really need those extra cents? I hand her the money waiting for my change and ticket. "Enjoy," she says. I thank her taking my ticket and change. I move away from her booth standing near the doors to go to the theaters and snacks. I put the rest of the change in my wallet then grab the handle and walk inside.

I show the man who checks the tickets my ticket and he rips a part off then tells me which way my movie will be showing in. I nod my head then walk off to get a snack.

I'm next in line and I walk up to the cashier.

"Hello, what can I get you?" He asks with a smile.

"Hello, can I get popcorn?" I ask smiling back.

"Sure thing," he tells me the price and I hand him the money. I brought water in my purse no way I was spending money on a drink.

A couple of minutes later he comes back with the popcorn. "Enjoy."

"Thanks." I take the popcorn walking toward the end of the counter. There's a thing that shoots out butter. I'm debating if I should do it or not. Butter will make me sticky and all I want to do is lick my fingers. Not to mention it'll just make everything a mess. I keep shifting to the butter than moving away from it.

"Ah, screw it I won't get it. Woah!" I shout dropping my popcorn to the ground. I stare at the floor in shock my jaw opened wide. My eyes travel to the person's shoes standing in front of me. I'd recognize those messed up white/green Adidas anywhere. My eyes travel up slowly my heart stops when they land on his face.

He lets out a snort, "Wow, we have to stop meeting like this." Dylan says taking popcorn out of his hair. I'm in an even bigger shock that he's standing in front of me. Did he even know it was me? Or was he just going to get butter too? Wait he doesn't even have popcorn.

"I- uh-" I swallow hard. My heart is pounding out of my chest I think there's a chance he'd be able to hear it. "Dylan."

"Nice to see you too Kal." He smiles removing the last popcorn out of his hair. My heart warms at his nickname he gave me. Man how I missed that.

"How'd you know I'd be here?" I asked confused.

"I didn't. I guess we're into the same movies." He says with a huge smile burying his hands in his pockets.

I nod, "I believe we are. Wait- what are you seeing?"

"Jumanji,"

"Me too," I say a smile creeping up the corner of my lips.

"Well, enjoy the movie." He says before walking off.

"Yeah, you too." I respond. He walks off then turns back smiling. This was a very interesting afternoon and I was in love with it.

----

I sit at the top while no one is around me, thankfully. I do my best not to search for Dylan but I couldn't help myself. I started to wonder if he was waiting for anyone. I really wish he wasn't. But the movie started and it got darker in the room and I still couldn't find him.

Shortly, I see a guy with dark hair holding nachos. It's Dylan. I smile hard realizing he's alone. He sits at the bottom missing the first half of the movie, it's not like he cared though. I spend most of my time staring at the back of Dylan's head than paying attention to the movie.

There was a loud bang from the movie making me jump in my seat. I turn my eyes to the movie and Kevin Hart's character is getting chased by hippos. I let out a laugh with a snort then cover my mouth. Dylan turns his head to me with a grin. My face turns red as I stare at the movie. I bite my lower lip. He makes my stomach have thousands and thousands of butterflies.

------

The movie is over so I walk down the aisle. I don't think it's appropriate to wait for Dylan because it's not like we're together. When I walk down the long aisle to leave the room a hand grabs me pulling me back.

I turn to see Dylan he's holding me by my arms bringing me back to stand where no one will be able to see us. The credits are rolling playing a song that was in the movie. My back to the wall I look past Dylan not knowing who should speak first.

Shockingly, he wraps his arms around my waist bringing me into a hug. My arms are by my side not knowing how I should react. He holds me tighter burying his face in my neck and hair.

Then I think to myself, "Actions speak louder than words."

I wrap my arms around his neck holding him close closing my eyes enjoying this beautiful moment. This is the best hug we ever had. It had so much meaning and we both knew it. Dylan roams his hands around my back wishing there was a way he can hold me any closer than he already was. I stand on my toes to hug him tighter. I rest my face in his shoulder running one hand through his hair.

Anyone could have walked in right now and I wouldn't care. I wish we can stay like this forever. He removes his face away from my neck resting his forehead against mine. He holds me by my hips as I'm still on my toes with my arms around his neck.

"I missed you." He whispered into me.

I sigh deeply, "I missed you." I respond hugging him once more.

He holds me tightly, "Kal, how about we go get a drink and have a talk. How does that sound?"

"That sounds lovely, Dylan."

A/N: AHHHHH I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT!