Chapter 1: Making it to Seoul

Mark POV

"Are you sure you have everything Mark?" my mother says worriedly. "Yes, Mom I'm absolutely sure." My mom sniffles. "Oh, my son. I'm going to miss you so much. Be careful in South Korea alright?" My mother warmly embraces me, weeping hysterically. "Yes, Mom I'll be careful. I'm going to miss you so much. I'll call you when I land." My mother puts her hands on my face. "No. Call me once you get to Youngjae's place!" Youngjae is who I would be staying with after I got to Korea. He's my mom's friend's son, who also attends the same university I'm attending. "Alright, Mom I promise." I bid my tearful mother farewell and head to the airport.

The flight to Seoul has me feeling all different kinds of emotions. Nervousness, joy, anticipation, euphoria. I couldn't wait to see what was waiting for me. I plug my headphones in the entire flight, while also brushing up on my Korean skills. Thank goodness I took Korean in college.

I finally land in Korea after a long flight from LA. I'm really tired, and a bit jet lagged, but the sights and sounds of Korea are too exciting for me to even notice. "I'm here Korea! I made it!" I yell out. At that moment I check my phone. I notice a text I got from an hour ago.

Mom: Don't forget to text Youngjae as soon as you arrive! His number is +** ** **** 5677

I better text Youngjae, can't spend the night at the airport forever. Wait his number ends in 5677? My mom put it in my phone as 5678. Crap. Which one is the right number? Of all the things my mom could have messed up. What if none of these are the right numbers?

The worry begins to set in and I'm not even 5 minutes in. I'd text my mom, but the last thing I need is for her to have a heart attack worrying about me. If I can't even text the right number she'll never stop worrying. I shrugged my shoulders. Only one way to find out which is the right number.

To: +** ** **** 5677

Mark: Youngjae? Hey, it's Mark I've landed. Are you at the airport?

"Mark? Is that you?" I hear a voice from the busy crowd calling my name. "Youngjae?" I see a slender black-haired guy standing at the terminal with a sign reading "Mark Tuan". It was Youngjae! We had Skyped a few times before to get to know each other better, but it was the first time I was seeing him in person.

"Hey! How was your flight?" "It was really long and tiring. But I'm here now so...hype!" We both laugh as we walk away from the terminal together. "I actually texted you when I got here. Did you get my text? Just wanna make sure I have the right number." Youngjae pulls out his phone. "Nope didn't get it. Do you have the right number?" "Well, my mom told me it was +** ** **** 5677," I tell him. "Haha no I'm 5678," he replies while giggling. "My mom must have made a typo haha. Speaking of which, let me make sure I have your number right in my phone's contacts.

I take out my phone and see a text back from the number I mistakenly texted.

???: Lol nope this isn't Youngjae. Wrong number bro. But welcome to Korea, Mark. Hope you had a good flight :)

I can't believe this person would text back knowing I texted the wrong number. Whatever I'm excited to see the sights and more importantly where in Seoul I'd be staying with Youngjae. Youngjae and I exit the airport and I can't help but feel like this is where I belong...I'm excited.

________________________________________________________________________________

Who do you think the other number is? Lol you guys shouldn't have much trouble figuring it out.