Chapter 7: And They Finally Meet

Mark POV

Today marked my first day at JYP Academy. I headed to my first class with Youngjae. He was in the classroom next to me so he showed me around before we both went our separate ways. "This is Mark Tuan. He's an international student from Los Angeles, California in the United States," the professor announced as he introduced Mark to the class. "Hello everyone, nice to meet you," I kindly say. "Wow, his Korean is good!" "Oh my gosh, he's so handsome." "Are all LA guys this handsome?" The class erupted in whispers commenting about "the student from the U.S." standing in front of them. A reputation was the last thing I needed. I hate it when people are talking about me.

I took my seat near the window of the room. The professor began to lecture about my least favorite subject...math. It wasn't long before I found myself spacing out. Math is just so boring. While looking down at my desk in boredom I noticed my phone, which was in my desk light up. By no surprise was I surprised. It was Jackson.

Jackson: How's your first day of school?

Mark: Lol it's alright so far. Now stop texting me rn I'm in class.

Jackson: Why? Who cares?

Mark: I don't want to get in trouble in class.

Jackson: But I want to talk to you.

I can't get in trouble because of something stupid like texting. Especially on the first day. What is with him? I wish he would just listen to me.

Jackson: Mark...

Jackson: Markkkkkkkkk

Jackson: Mark respond

Jackson: I won't stop until you talk to me.

I grab my phone from annoyance and begin typing. I literally told this idiot to stop texting me.

Mark: STOPPPPPPP!!! I am going to get in tro--

"Mark Tuan, would you like to share with the class how we got the answer to this algebraic solution?" Fuck. I had no idea what the professor was doing. I was speechless. I saw all the students looking at me and began to sweat. "You may leave the class, finish your conversation on your phone and come back when you are ready to engage with the rest of the class and learn." I looked at the professor with a blank expression on my face. Was this really happening? I just got in trouble and called out in front of the entire class. On my first day. I walked out of the classroom, the professor clearly glaring at me while shaking his head, other students giggling. Of course, this had to happen and it's all Jackson's fault.

I begin pacing up and down the hallway and begin typing all my anger into a message.

Mark: You fucking idiot!! Because of you, I got called out in front of the entire class and now I have to stand outside. I told you to stop! You're so stupid!

Jackson: Don't be on your phone then.

Mark: It's your fault for texting me after I told you to stop. God, you're so annoying.

Jackson: Don't get caught then and don't call me annoying.

Mark: You are though. You never leave me alone. You're always texting me.

Jackson: If you think I'm that annoying then I'll stop texting you. Idc.

Is he freaking serious? Does he not realize I just got in trouble because of him? On my first day here!? I'm probably the joke of the class now! Ugh, I hate when people talk about me. Before I can reply I bump into another student walking down the hallway who is also on their phone. Both of us hit the floor and drop our phones. "Sorry," I say. "It's fine," he seriously replies. We both stand up and grab our respective phones and I reply.

Mark: Fine. If you don't care, idc. It's not like I know you anyway. Fuck you.

As soon as my text sends I hear a phone go off. It comes from the male student I bumped into and I hear him angrily grumble, "Fuck you too," while staring at his phone. 

Wait. Don't tell me. It can't be. There was no way...

"Jackson?," I curiously say to the student who's back is to me. "Yeah?" He turns around and faces me. I look at him utterly shellshocked. My eyes nearly popping out of my head. "Oh fuck," I mutter. "Have we met?" he curiously asks, trying to distinguish my face. Still, in awe I slowly nod, holding my phone up to him, showing him our texts.

His eyes go wide and all he mutters is, "Mark...your--...Mark..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Ayeeeee they finally met. I had fun writing this.