Chapter 26: Apologies and Confessions

Mark POV

"Here's your paper." I hand Jinyoung his essay which I really didn't complete, I put all the wrong information this time. "Good Tuan," he mutters. He really did lose his voice. "Now go into the booth and when the music stops playing you can begin speaking. Read each announcement then read the feature of the day." I nod in agreement and step into the booth. The booth has plenty of space inside and is decorated with one-way tinted windows. Therefore you can see out, but people can't see in. Ironically, the booth is right in front of Jackson's classroom. I have a perfect view and see him sitting there right in the front of the room. He's slouching in his seat, running his fingers through his smooth blonde hair, his soft eyes making a stern expression. Just looking at him is enough to make me blush. I saw him in a way I never noticed before. I really did like him, and he had no idea what was about to come his way.

The music stops playing and I began to speak. "Hello JYP Academy, this is Mark Tuan and I'll be your MC of announcements today. Jinyoung lost his voice, unfortunately. so I'm here to get the job done." I see Jackson lookup surprised at my voice. He rolls his eyes and looks out the window, leaving only the back of his head to face me. He's clearly trying to make sure I can't see him from the booth. I read off the basic announcements before getting to the feature section where we read student submissions about struggles they are currently facing. "I'm now going to read today's feature."

"It's only my first year here at JYP Academy, and to make things worse I'm a foreigner. When I moved to Korea I ended up meeting someone who became really special to me. I thought they were kind of weird at first, but the more and more I spent time with them, the more and more happy I was. We got super close, and only became closer once we realized we were attending the same school. We were together all the time and a lot of you probably saw us with each other. Things took a bad turn though. I let others get into my head and began worrying about what other people had thought of us. I pushed them away even after promising to stay by their side. They tried to confess to me but I only ended up hurting them. I was too worried about trying to make excuses for myself and worried about what other people thought and I really messed up. Now this person is threatening to move away, leaving me all alone." I look forward and see Jackson still facing the window, however, with his ears perked definitely listening to the familiar story. 

" Not only was I oblivious to the person's feelings for me, but I was also oblivious to my own." Jackson's gaze begins to move towards the radio booth, still listening to the story carefully. "You're probably wondering why I was so oblivious and kept denying my own feelings. Well, to be honest, I never experienced anything like this before. It was different. Why? Well because the person I met was a guy, and...I am also a guy." Jackson's expression becomes more emotional and less serious as he looks towards the booth. His stern expression fades away. I take a deep breath before continuing. "I guess I should just reveal to you all that this story belongs to me. Mark Tuan. I am not afraid anymore and I...I want to publicly confess that I like another boy." I see students in the hallway walking by shocked. Their eyes and mouths open in awe. "Jackson Wang I am so sorry for hurting you, I was such an idiot to deny your feelings and my own. I like you, Jackson Wang. I have since we met. I'm sorry for everything. I'm even more sorry I didn't realize earlier. I hope you can forgive me for all I've done wrong. I hope you don't move back to Hong Kong because I need you by my side. So please don't move back. I wouldn't even be where I am without you, so please don't leave me, Jackson Wang. Like an idiot, I broke the promise I made you, but if you still like me I hope you'll give me another chance. If you'll give me that chance you know where I'll be. If you still want to go home and leave at least I finally got to admit how I really feel and pour my heart out to you. I love you, Jackson Wang..." I pause and take a deep breath, absorbing in the moment and what I've just done. "Thank you and have a good day."

I look up after finishing the announcement and see Jackson has left his classroom. Hopefully, my words were enough to reach him. I exit the booth and meet Jinyoung who is laughing. "You realize you've probably just ruined everything for yourself," he whispers. I smile. "I don't care. I feel like all the weight is off my shoulders." "You still have to do my work, Mark." "No. I don't fear you anymore. I have nothing to hide...nothing to fear." "Mark I will rui--" Just then Youngjae crashes into the radio room with the principal and student council president, Bambam. "Ask Mark! It's true! Jinyoung blackmailed Mark into doing his school work and helping him pass! He threatened to ruin Mark and Jackson!" The principal, ironically, another Park Jinyoung, approached me. "Is this true Mark Tuan?" I nod. "Yes and I can prove it. I have all the documents on my computer." The principal turns to Jinyoung. "You're coming to my office, and you're probably going to be suspended." Bambam also speaks, "You also won't be the president of the radio club anymore!" An angry Jinyoung tries to rush at me before the principal stop him. "You'll pay for this Tuan!" he attempts to shout. "Let's go troublemaker. And Mark Tuan please try not to let  anything like this happen again." I nod at the principal and watch as he escorts Jinyoung away. 

Bambam comes up to me after the principal leaves with Jinyoung. "I think Jackson is really going to appreciate what you said." I look at him a bit confused. "I'm his best friend...trust me I know. He's never liked anyone as much as he's liked you." I blush at his comment. "Thank you." Bambam nods and walks out of the room. I decided to cut my classes for the rest of the day, my mind on one person only...Jackson.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhh it happened! Mark confessed! *claps* Did you like this chapter? I tried really hard on the dialogue and plot...and had fun writing it. I hope I did a good job! I think Mark's confession turned out really sweet...but let's see how Jackson will react? The story's almost over T_T