Chapter 6: I'm Not Gay

Mark POV

In the days following Jackson and I texted all the time throughout the day. Our conversations ranged from what we did today, to how we were, to what was going on in our lives. There was never any depth to our conversations. But he put a smile on my face and it felt nice knowing that I had a friend other than Youngjae, even if I didn't know who he was off-screen.

"I can't believe you're still talking to this Jackson guy." I look up from my phone to Youngjae sitting across from me on the other couch in the living room. "You don't even know the guy." I nod my head and smile. "I'll have you know that I'm actually not talking to him at the moment. And I do know a bit about him. I know he's 21, he's from Hong Kong, and he likes BBQ. He's super nice too. Do you want me to keep going?" "Again...he could be lying." I shake my head and roll my eyes at Youngjae the pessimist. "It doesn't matter school is starting tomorrow anyway. You'll meet REAL friends there." I mean Youngjae did have a point. I would meet new friends at university tomorrow and probably not even talk to Jackson as much. But who cares it's not like I'm doing anything wrong.

"So how are you and JB doing?," I ask Youngjae. Following their night out the two ended up making it official so I see him all the time now, not just at the Ahgase Shop. "We're great. He treats me with respect, treats me right, and most importantly he's a REAL person." Why does he keep shading Jackson? "Jackson is real!" Youngjae sighs. "Yeah but you've never met the guy! You talk to him like he's your boyfriend," Youngjae snarkily says. "Lol, will you chill? It's not like I text him ALL day. And he's not my boyfriend. I'm not gay bro." Youngjae snickers. "Besides, what's the harm in it? It's not like he gets anything out of talking to me?" Youngjae snickers. "Yeah whatever I guess. And that's what you may say now but if I got a guy to come over and kiss you, I'm sure you'd be saying different." "Shut up!" I playfully say while throwing a pillow at my friend. Suddenly, my phone buzzes.

Jackson: Hey what're you doing?

Youngjae looks at my screen to see who it was. He sarcastically looks at me. "See what I mean? Like boyfriends." "Shut up!" I throw another pillow at him.

Mark: Not much chillin' with Youngjae. Why are you still up? It's late XD

Jackson: Lol idk. Was bored and wanted to talk to someone. I should ask you the same.

Mark: Lol was watching TV. And now it won't be me I need to sleep. First day of school tomorrowwww >.<

Jackson: Same. Gn.

I forgot Jackson was only 21 so he probably did have school too. I tell Youngjae I'm off to bed, wanting to get as much sleep as possible before the first day at JYP Academy tomorrow. Just like when I came to Seoul I feel a mix of emotions but I'm ready for this new adventure to begin.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if this is boring I promise it gets better. Also beginning of Mark inner conflict? Maybe. Hehe