Chapter 2: Thanks Stranger

Mark POV

"We're here Mom, at Youngjae's place. Yes. Yes. Yes, I'll call you tomorrow. I love you too. Good night." After a half hour car ride we arrive at Youngjae's place. It looks small from the outside, but really cozy. We step inside and it has a warm feeling to it. So this will be my home now. "Sorry I tried to clean the place as best I could before you got here." "It's fine! A lot cleaner then my room looked at least." He laughs. "Anyway welcome to Youngjae's Seoul Paradise! And speaking of which I prepared your room. If you go down the hallway it's the first door on the left. Hope it's to your liking," he warmly says with a bright smile on his face. Youngjae is so nice. "You didn't have to do that, but thank you," I reply, returning his bright smile with one of my own. "No problem. It's late, you should probably rest. You can unpack all of your stuff tomorrow. Food is in the kitchen if you need, I'll be in my room. It's right across from yours." I give him a thumbs up. "Tomorrow I can give you a tour of the city and get you familiar with what's around us. Sound good?" I nod. "Cool. Good night Mark." "Good night Youngjae."

I enter my room. Korea's city street lights shine through the window, reflecting off of my bed. As soon as I lay my eyes on the bed my tiredness sets in. I forget I was just on a plane ride which felt like a century. I lay on the soft, fluffy bed and crawl under the warm covers. I take my phone out to check the time. After unlocking my phone the first screen I see are my texts to the stranger. They seemed pretty nice. Something made me want to reply just to thank them for their kindness. After all, they didn't have to reply.

To: +** ** **** 5677

Mark: My flight was pretty good thanks. Sorry for texting you earlier. Have a good night :)

Just as I set my phone down I hear I buzz instantly. I grab my phone to check what the notification is. Hmm...stranger replied.

???: Aww glad to hear it, Mark. Hope you enjoy the Korean sights. Lmk where you go! If you want any tips on where to go I'd be glad to give you some. ;) Good night!

Mark: Cool. Thanks, stranger. Gn...again

Was this person trying to have a conversation with me? They don't even know me. I don't even know them. I laugh and put my phone down after sending my reply. I can't believe I even decided to reply in the first place. What's with me? Maybe it's because I'm so tired. As soon as I close my eyes I fall asleep almost instantly, drifting off into dreamland.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lol I'm sorry if this is bad. I tried.