Chapter 18: Nothing More Than Friends

Mark POV

I arrived at school early the next day and sitting in my seat before class started. There weren't many people in the classroom yet. Youngjae had come home at night and was bombarded me with questions about Jackson. You can probably tell how crazy it got after I told him Jackson slept over one night. I didn't dare tell him what almost happened. It was in the heat of the moment. I am not gay. I would never, especially not Jackson. That whole night was so strange. Suddenly, a familiar face approached my seat. "Mark Tuan, how are you?" "Oh...Jinyoung right? I'm good how are you?" "I just wanted to ask you. You remember how I said I was struggling in school right?" I nodded. "Well I think it's time for you to start helping me," he boldly stated. "Sorry, Jinyoung I don't have time right now to start tutoring." "I don't think you understand Mark. You're gonna do all my work for me and make sure I pass," Jinyoung said with a smile. I looked at the smiling boy in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?" "No. You are to do all my school work and make sure I pass." I stood up from my seat frustrated, anger beginning to set in. "And why should I?" Jinyoung smiled again. His smile looked warm but you could tell he had evil intentions. "Because I'll tell the entire school about you and Jackson."

"What are you talking about Jinyoung?" My face was flushed with confusion, anger, and frustration. "If you don't do all my school work I'll tell them all what's really going on between you and Jackson Wang." I slammed my hand on my desk, coming face to face with Jinyoung. "There's nothing going on between Jackson and I. We're nothing more than friends. Really close friends. I'm not eve--" "Do you think I care Mark? I am the president of the radio club. Whatever I say, this school believes. They've all seen how close the two of you are. They'll believe it in a heartbeat. Are you that blind? Jackson is head over heels for you." I look down in disbelief and shock at what Jinyoung says. Why was he doing this? And Jackson--liking me? Jinyoung inched closer to my face. "Do my work or I will make sure to ruin you and Jackson. I will make your lives hell and make the entire student body hate the two of you." I wanted to punch him in the face but at the same time, I wanted to cry. "Got it, Tuan?" I held back the tears and urge to punch Jinyoung, uttering out a simple "Fine." "So we're clear. Thanks." Jinyoung walked pridefully out of the room getting exactly what he had wanted.

Moments later Jackson came into the room..."Marky what's up?" It was easy for him to notice I had something else on my mind. "Mark you good? Is something bothering you?" I didn't even want to face him. Just looking at him made me re-evaluate our relationship. Does Jackson really have a crush on me? Then I'm reminded of all the skinship, the movies, the sleepover. The ALMOST kiss. Why the fuck would I do that. I am not gay and I do not like Jackson Wang. Why was I such an idiot? I've never been like that with any of my other friends. What's happening to me? "I'm fine Jackson," I reply coldly. Jackson looks hurt and worried. He knows something is bothering me. "I'm tired just get back to your class." Jackson got up from the seat next to mine. "Alright, Mark but if you want to talk I'm here." He stopped at the door frame, I didn't even look at him. "By your side...always," he mutters and then he leaves. Just his words made me cringe. We're nothing more than friends.

________________________________________________________________________________

So who wanna tell Mark? And Jinyoung so rude and manipulative. I know. Things about to get dramatic so buckle up y'all. This part was so easy to plan but so hard to write so hopefully I did a good job ;_;