Chapter 23: Divided

Mark POV

The next few days in class I noticed Jackson completely cut me off. Just like I did to him. The texts stopped, the attempts to see me stopped, he didn't even acknowledge me. He didn't even bother showing up or asking about tutoring sessions. We completely ignored each other. It was as if we were strangers to one another. During class Professor Yubin lectured on and on about history. Finally, towards the end of class, she stopped, instead looking at Jackson and I. "So don't forget we're having a quiz on this next week. And Jackson I just want to say that your improvement since your tutoring started has been remarkable to see. You now have the second highest grade among the class, only a few points short from Mark. Great job." I noticed Jackson roll his eyes at Professor Yubin's comment.  Probably because she said my name. "You're more attentive in class as well. I'm so proud of you. It's just a shame you're moving back to Hong Kong next week." Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. Jackson is...moving back to Hong Kong? "Students Jackson Wang will be moving back to Hong Kong next week so let's make sure we treat him warmly before he leaves okay?" Jackson attempted to put on a smile. "It was a pleasure knowing you all." She wasn't kidding, Jackson was moving back to Hong Kong but why? Was it because of me?

I decided to try and get answers by doing the thing that caused Jackson and I to meet in the first place...texting. The guilt ate me up knowing that this was all potentially my fault. I wanted to be mad at Jackson but I just couldn't. Instead, worry and guilt were all I felt.

To: Jackson

Mark: Are you really moving back to Hong Kong?

Mark: Jackson why are you moving back?

Mark: Jackson please answer.

Maybe an apology would break the ice and get him to talk to me. Frustration and sadness continued to build. We're so divided. I wish he would just speak to me.

Mark: I'm sorry I hit you and yelled at you but please talk to me.

Mark: You really want to go back to Hong Kong?

Mark: Jackson...please.

I waited and waited for a response to one of my texts. But he didn't answer any of them, he didn't even look at them. No, read notifications. Nothing. Why did I even care so much that he was moving back? I began to tear up because of my frustration. He's the one that got me into this mess of a situation with Jinyoung. I'm supposed to be fine with Jackson leaving and ignoring me, but my heart aches. Being honest with myself, I don't want him to go. So if Jackson won't answer my texts I'll just have to confront him face-to-face.

________________________________________________________________________________

Mark's inner conflict continues...will his walls fall? Mark's about to do what Jackson did to him...face-to-face confrontationnnnnnnn! I really like the next chapter. What happens? You'll have to keep reading. Until then, the drama rolls on. :)