Parent teacher interviews

Today was parent teacher interview day, meaning that everyone's parents of Peter's year would be organising interviews with the teachers in order to find out how their children were going at school. 

Peter almost tripped on his untied shoelaces as he ran into the kitchen, having awoken slightly late that morning. He wore a science pun t shirt that Tony had bought him, paired with a jacket and jeans. 

He sat down at the dining table, inhaling his breakfast while Natasha tied his shoelaces for him, seeing as he had forgotten to do it himself and everyone knew he would manage to trip on them before he even got out of the door. 

"Alright, does everyone remember the plan?" Steve asked the Avengers seriously, holding the bag of disguises in one hand. 

Everyone replied with yeses, except for Sam, who had forgotten the plan, making everyone groan. 

"We're going to disguise ourselves as Mr and Mrs Hayter, Peter's adoptive parents. There will be a pair for every class, and when your turn is over, you sit in the car and wait. There'll be snacks in there if you get hungry." Steve explained. 

"Right. Okay." 

"Guys we're gonna be late, lets go." Peter said, standing up from his seat. 

Tony walked over and licked his thumb, wiping away a bit of food that was on Peter's face. 

Everyone froze. 

"Holy sh!t I was trying so hard not to be my father I became my mother. I did not see this coming." Tony said, stepping away from Peter, who started giggling. 

"Oh my god I have two mums, and they're both men!" He said, causing the others to start laughing too. Steve and Tony didn't look happy. 

"Let's go then," Steve sighed, leading the way to the elevator. 

***

It took several minutes of Peter waiting outside the van before the first pair of parents was shoved out of the van, looking very embarrassed. 

Steve wore a fake moustache and a large hat, paired with his normal clothes, and beside him was Bucky. 

Bucky had his long black hair curled and wore pink lipstick. He had a bra on under a girls top, one of the pink straps poking out on the shoulder, and he had a skirt on instead of his usual shorts. On his feet was a pair of red stilettos. 

Peter covered his mouth to stifle his giggles, Bucky and Steve leading the way up to the school with the chins held up proud, Steve holding Bucky's hand to 'make it more realistic' he said. 

Peter's history teacher was beyond surprised. 

She almost dropped her papers, but quickly contained her composure and shook each of their hands. 

"You- you must be Mr and Mrs Hayter?" She said kindly, shuffling her papers and straightening her glasses. 

Bucky seemed to be stifling giggles, leaning back in his chair. Peter said between them, fiddling with the bottom of his shirt awkwardly. 

They talked about Peter's behaviour for a little while, what he did well in, what he didn't do well in, and eventually got to the topic of WW2 as a side topic. 

Bucky and Steve ended up leaving the room in a bit of a huff- apparently, the history teacher got the facts 'all wrong'. 

Peter was giggling again as they left, heading towards the car to swap parents. 

Natasha and Clint came out next, Clint with the fake moustache and floppy hat, and Natasha just wearing her normal clothes. 

Peter's Spanish teacher was not a nice woman, but luckily Natasha intimidated her in Spanish so she stopped being so rude pretty quickly.