Distraction

The Avengers hid just out of sight, looking at the massive monster that took up most of the room in the small town. Helicopters were hovering from a safe distance, broadcasting the entire thing. 

"We're gonna need a distraction in order to surround it. It has an advantage right now." Steve said, peering around the corner cautiously. "Who's gonna do it?" 

Peter appeared out of nowhere, hands pushing Natasha and Bucky apart and popping up between them. 

"My time has come!" He declared, already in his Spider-Man suit and everything. 

"No. Absolutely not." Tony said, retracting his face plate. "How'd you even get here? I made sure specifically you were at home, and had Pepper watch you until the plane took off."

Peter chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head. 

Flashback-

Peter clung to the bottom of the plane with his sticky hands and feet and super strength, panting both from tiredness of running after the jet and the absolutely terrifying feeling it was to be clinging to a plane. 

He knew it would take a long time to get there, and so slowly climbed to the top of the plane, where he wouldn't be upside down, and where gravity wouldn't be against him. 

"It, uh, doesn't matter," Peter replied, waving it off. "The point is, this monster is gonna destroy this town if we don't do something soon." 

Tony opened his mouth, about to tell Peter off, but Steve interupted him. 

"He's right Tony, we need a distraction now- and I doubt he'll get hurt, he has Spider senses and he can dodge things. He's a lot smaller and nimbler than the monster, and he can hold his own until we get there." 

Tony huffed. "If he gets hurt, it's on you, got it?" 

Steve nodded. 

Peter's face split into a grin from behind his mask and he straightened at the important task set for him. 

"Peter, make sure you distract it for at least five minutes. We'll add you to the comms." 

"Aye aye captain!" Peter replied, saluting him. "Oh this is gonna be fun!" 

With that, Peter jumped onto the wall and climbed up it, crawling around the corner on the wall in a spider-like manner. He got close to the monster then jumped off the wall, waving at it from the ground. 

"Hey! Stupid!" Peter yelled, picking up a pebble and pegging it at the thing. 

It stopped trying to swat helicopters and looked down. It seemed rather unperturbed to see Peter- so small compared to it! 

"Karen, play umbrella by Rihanna loud enough for the monster to hear it." 

"Of course Peter." 

The monster looked very confused as music began blasting through the town speakers, for it was obvious Karen had hacked into them. 

"What is he doing?" Steve murmured as everyone began silently getting into position. Natasha, meanwhile, thought it was a great idea- the music would both blur out the sound of their footsteps, and distract the monster. 

Peter began dancing to the music, using an umbrella he seemingly pulled out of knowhere. 

It certainly distracted the monster, not even bothering to try to attack him, for it's eyebrows were furrowed as it looked down at Peter like he was the weirdest thing it had ever seen. 

Tony, meanwhile, was having a heart attack, watching the live footage in his suit as they all got into position. It was strange seeing Peter doing a dance so flawlessly, with moves so... un-Peter, not as innocent as Tony remembered him.