Xmas chap 12

Christmas Eve. Lights are flashing, sleigh bells are ringing, and it's the best time of the year. Thor is letting it snow, Wanda is rocking around the Christmas tree, and Steve is struggling beneath the tree. 

You may ask why Steve is wrapped in colourful wrapping paper and curled ribbon, laying beneath the tree. 

Well, it all started earlier that day, when Bucky was skipping around the communal floor, singing a song. Everyone had been trying to figure out what he wanted for Christmas, for everytime they asked he said he didn't need anything. Natasha and Clint had almost dragged his unconscious body into the interrogation room to threaten him into telling them when Steve caught them and lectured them about what christmas was all about. 

'-it's all about family and love and not killing people-,' Steve had been saying, unaware that Natasha and Clint had already zoned him out, knives still hidden behind their backs so that Steve wouldn't know their whole plan. 

Lucky for them, Bucky's ideal Christmas present was told to them in song form, right on time. 

"-because all I want for Christmas is youuuuuuuuu!" Bucky sang, skipping around the floor and looking at Steve, who smiled. Peter, who had been sipping tea, spat it back into the cup and discretely pulled out his phone, texting Natasha. 

-

PParkourrr:

<found out what grandma wants for Christmas

<he wants mum

AuntieTasha:

<u sure?

PParkourrr:

<(footage of Bucky singing all I want for Christmas is you)

AuntieTasha:

<damn ur right

<we'll wait till later tonight so Bucky doesn't get suspicious

<it needs to be a surprise.

PParkourrr:

<ur right

<do u think he'll still want the fluffy wool I bought him tho?

AuntieTasha:

<nah, but keep it just in case

PParkour:

<ok 

< :)

-

Later on in the day, after Peter had made sure his other presents were wrapped, and they had all watched a Christmas movie and ate some of the biscuits they weren't going to be leaving out for Santa (he surely didn't need that many) and sipped hot chocolate, Peter and Natasha made eye contact from across the room. 

It was time. 

Natasha pressed a button on the watch on her wrist, disguising it by adjusting her blanket, and it seemed to send Tony a message, because he stood up. 

"Hey Barnes, I have something in my lab I wanted to show you. Come with me?" 

Bucky shrugged, standing up as well. "Okay." 

Everyone watched until Bucky left the room, except for Steve, who was mildly confused as he sipped his hot chocolate. 

He glanced up from his cup to find everyone standing up and looking at him like a cat looking at their prey. 

"Guys?" He asked as they all started closing in. "Guys, What are you doing? Guys?!" He realised too late that Natasha was missing. 

"Ho ho homocide," she said from behind him, right before something hit the back of his head, and everything went black.