Decorating Xmas chap 4

Wanda walked into the communal lounge, where Peter was surrounded by an explosion of christmas, five pieces of tape stuck to his cheek and paper all over the floor. 

"What's going on in here?" She asked, curious. 

"Decorating." Peter replied shortly, obviously concentrating. 

Wanda nodded, pouring herself a glass of water and sipping it. "Are you decorating the tower then?" 

Peter nodded, unfolding a large paper snowflake. 

Not giving it much thought, Wanda left, heading back to where she had been watching Mean Girls in her bedroom. 

Once Wanda was gone, Peter pulled on his Spider-Man suit, activating his heater to stop him from dying of frostbite from the cold snow outside the tower. He also wrapped a scarf around his neck, just for aesthetic. 

He gathered all the Christmas lights and walked out onto the landing pad, which was covered in a layer of snow. Sometimes, just to be funny, they would sweep it down off the side of the tower and laugh when it landed on pedestrians below. Yes, they were those sorts of people. 

He placed the reindeers, snow men and santa light decorations made for suburban houses on the balcony among the snow and turned them on. Smiling at his work, Peter gathered his many long christmas lights and walked up the wall to the top of the tower, waving at Steve when he passed him (laughing when he had a heart attack and fell off his chair) and stopped when he reached the very very top. 

Peter refused to look down, though he had grown accustomed to the heights of skyscrapers and buildings. 

He taped the christmas lights to the very top with a very strong duct tape, knowing how strong winds could get. He then began slowly wrapping the lights around the tower, glad he had bought the biggest you could possibly get in the world plus extra to make it look like one big one. Being the son of a billionaire definitely had its perks. 

Landing on the landing pad again, Peter grinned up at his handiwork, watching the lights flash merrily against the grey skies, flecked with the white of falling snow. 

"Now for inside," Peter decided, walking back inside where he found all the Avengers looking rather pale, some of them out of breath like they had just run there. 

"What happened?" Peter asked obliviously. "Is there a mission?" 

"Why," Steve panted, one hand shaking and the other running through his hair. "Why were you climbing on the tower?" 

"Oh," Peter shrunk slightly under everyone's glares. "I was decorating the tower." 

Tony sighed angrily, tugging on his hair. "Peter. How many times have I told you, don't give mum a heart attack. He's a hundred f*cking-"

"Language."

"-years old, and we still need him to help with missions and get you off the ceiling when you get stuck." 

"Sorry..." Peter mumbled. "I just wanted to get everyone in the christmas spirit, it's the best time of the year." 

"Alright, but no more of the outside of the tower unless it's the bottom of the tower, okay?" 

Peter nodded, twisting his fingers. "Should I go take it off then?" 

"No, we'll leave it for now." 

Peter's shoulders sagged in relief, and the Avengers went back to what they had been doing before the false alarm, though only after checking that Peter was okay. Steve held him in a  hug for a long time, then started on dinner.