Training Day

Today was training day. They didn't have it very often, with hours spent each day sparring, exercising and practising whatever their specialties were, but it wasn't the same as spending an entire day working on games and becoming closer as a team. 

Today being that day, Peter scrambled out of bed excitedly, running into the kitchen, where nobody was awake. 

He briefly wondered where everyone was, until he saw the time and realised it was only five am. 

Peter opened the pantry, looking for cereal, and pulled out a large box of sugary cereal, then two fruits from the fridge, a bowl, and the jug of milk. 

He poured out a large bowl of cereal then half-drowned it in milk- he liked to have a little bit of crunch at first, before it went soggy. Then Peter grabbed a tall glass and filled it with chocolate milk. He wasn't allowed it, but what his parents didn't know wouldn't hurt them. 

Then Peter sat down on the couch, switching on the cartoons and watching spongebob, shovelling cereal into his mouth, eyes glued to the tv screen. 

He forgot about his cereal for a moment, mouthing the words of the theme song. 

"Whoooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea!" Peter whispered, in exact time with the cartoon. "Spongebob squarepants!" 

A loud chuckle was heard from behind him and Peter turned around, catching sight of Clint standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe in his light purple pyjamas pants and a pale blue Pooh bear t-shirt. 

"You remind me of my kids." He told him, ruffling his hair as he passed. "And I see you took some of that chocolate milk." 

Peter smiled sheepishly. "Please don't tell mum or dad," 

"Tell them? Oh, I dunno Peter, it might be the perfect excuse to make up for the extra that's going to go missing." Clint said, pouring himself a glass as well. 

Peter narrowed his eyes at him. "You throw me under the bus and I'll take you with me." He threatened, gesturing his spoon at him. 

Clint laughed at him, milk moustache on his upper lip. "Relax kid, go back to watching your 'grown up' cartoons."

"For your information, spongebob is for all ages!"

"I didn't say otherwise." 

Grumbling under his breath, Peter finished his cereal and chocolate milk before his parents came out, then continued watching the cartoon, mouthing some of the dialogue and eating his fruit. 

Natasha was next up, curling up in a blanket and watching spongebob with him for a little while, and Sam, Steve and Bucky came back from their run, Bucky and Steve looking perfectly fine and Sam out of breath. 

"Remind me to never go running with these two again." 

"Why? What happened?" Peter asked curiously, leaning over the back of the couch. 

"On your left! On your right! Every. F!cking. Time." Sam slammed his water bottle onto the counter, Steve and Bucky giggling beside him like school children. 

Peter giggled too, hiding it behind one of his hands. 

Thor got up not long later, his hair wrapped in a towel, obvious that he had been up for a while. He ate three boxes of pop tarts for breakfast, making Steve sigh from behind his newspaper, knowing he'd have to go shopping before Thor threw a fit at not having pop tarts. They all knew he had an addiction, but the last time they had tried withdrawing him from them well.... it wasn't pretty, to say the least.