Bedtime pt 3

A/N 2 people I think requested this but I think I accidentally deleted the screenshots so I could put their name up here or whatever, so I'm really sorry :/

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Pepper and Tony smiled at each other over the flickering candles, ignoring the fact that Happy stood nearby, pretending to go on his phone. 

They sat upon a hill, overlooking the city that was a beacon of light in the darkening sky, apart from the small line of orange and pink peaking over the horizon. The picnic mat on the ground was soft and held plates of an assortment of foods, such as soft bread with a hard crust and pillowy, bready insides, with a neat white butter dish beside it with soft, creamy yellow butter. There was cheeses of many types, like Brie or cheddar or Camembert. Water crackers spilled out of the box and onto the plate, and the fruit were chopped into pretty shapes like stars or hearts or hexagons. Small, bite sized cupcakes with sweet icing and a soft, bouncy vanilla texture. 

Among all the foods, candles flickered to give them light upon a French candle holder with metallic swirls and a small bird only noticeable if you examined it for longer than a glance. A bottle of champagne stood tall beside it, seal broken and the cork laying carelessly by the base. 

Tony and Pepper clinked their fall glasses, the pale bubbling liquid sloshing around slightly, and took a sip, hands entwining within each other. 

They didn't get date nights often, not with all the work Pepper needed to do or the amount of time Tony spent working on his Ironman suits, not to mention the time they spent with Peter or doing things for Peter or his school or his friends. They were determined to be good parents to him, which meant sacrificing time they could be spending together- not that they minded. Any time spent with Peter was worth it. 

Meanwhile, at the tower, everything was going to utter sh*t. 

"What the hell Thor?!" 

Bucky had walked in on something he certainly didn't want to see.

Peter, sitting on the floor, eating from a tub of ice cream with the largest spoon he had seen in his entire life- like a children's shovel to play in the sand with. 

Thor sat on the couch nearby, reading from an Asgardians children's book aloud. 

"-the children happily skipped in circles and sang merrily for they had made their first kill- the enemy was dead and it's heart was ripped out, laying in a pool of blood beside the body-"

"THOR." 

Thor glanced up from the book nonchalantly, eyebrows up slightly, as though asking through a facial expression what was up. Peter turned away as well, sticky ice cream all over his face. 

"I go to drop a log for what, two minutes? And when I come back, you've given Peter ice cream right before bed time, and you're reading him a gruesome story." Bucky scolded, folding his arms and giving Thor a look. 

"I apologise Barnes. Peter, would you please put the ice cream away?" 

Peter immediately started eating faster, shoveling ice cream into his mouth at an alarming rate, trying to eat more ice cream before it was taken off him. 

"Peter!" Bucky said, and Thor began laughing. 

*-*-*-*-*

"-And then I socked him in the jaw, right there, and that's how I got kicked out of the shopping centre." Steve was saying, talking to Wanda as they headed up. They both stopped in the doorway, looking at the commotion as Thor held Peter up in the air while Bucky tried to tug the tub from his hands (which had stuck themselves to the tub).