Games

Peter excitedly stared at the clock, waiting for class to finish. 

The only noise in the room was the scrawling of pens against paper, with the occasional clearing of a throat or sneeze, and that one kid at the back that wouldn't stop sniffling. 

The teacher was typing away at their computer, chewing on the back of their pen every time they paused, probably writing reports. 

Two minutes, Peter thought, foot tapping impatiently on the floor. Two minutes until he was free, until he was in the back of the car, talking Happy's ear off, going home. 

It seemed other people had realised the time as well, discretely starting to pack up their belongings, eyeing the teacher to see if she would notice them packing away early. 

It seemed the teacher was too absorbed in her work to notice, so Peter joined them in putting away his belongings. 

Finally the bell rang, the noise a blessing to the students in the classroom, all hurrying to head out of the door and get home. 

Ned and Peter were among them, Ned talking non stop about how his Nanna was coming to visit and that she said that she brought presents. 

The friends parted ways after their perfectly executed 24-step not-so-secret handshake, complete with a 'man hug' at the end. 

"See you monday!" Peter told him, opening the back door of the sleek, expensive black car that Happy was waiting in. 

"Bye Peter!" 

Ned waved enthusiastically as the car pulled away. Now that he had finished talking to Ned, Peter turned to Happy. 

"Hey Happy, we had english today and I got my assignment back. I got 95%, I only lost marks because I spelt existential wrong, but I normally know how to spell it. And in Spanish the teacher asked if I was fluent and I had to lie because I didn't want to change classes again, cos that's what happened last time when they moved me out of the Italian class because they found out I was fluent. Wouldn't it be funny if they found out I was fluent in Spanish and moved me into the Russian class? Honestly, Auntie Tasha's a good teacher-"

Happy put up the glass between them, and Peter pouted. Well, he thought, at least he could tell mum and dad about it when he got home, they would listen at least. 

He pulled out his phone and opened up the Avengers group chat. 

SpiderBaby:

<guyssssss

<pssstttt

<guys

<talk to me

TinCan:

<whats up kiddo?

SpiderBaby

<im bored

TinCan

<you'll be home soon, then it's game night :)

SpiderBaby:

<yissssssss

TinCan:

<???

SpiderBaby:

<*yessssssssssss

TinCan:

<...

<what games do you wanna play

SpiderBaby:

<hide and seek!

TinCan: