Another Story Time

A/N ^kitty That is a marvel fan now just to make ur day better (marvel meme at bottom this time)

Pepper and Tony sighed, glad to finally have some time to themselves to watch an adult movie without having to skip certain scenes or cover Peter's eyes and ears. 

Tony cracked out the wine, and Natasha went through the movies in Netflix. Steve got out the snacks, and the others busied themselves in getting a spot on the expansive couches. They didn't have enough blankets for everyone to have one by themselves, so most shared. 

The couples shared, of course, such as Pepper and Tony, Wanda and Vision, or, even though they denied such a relationship, Steve and Bucky. 

That left the remainders to pair up- Sam, Thor, Natasha, Clint and Bruce. 

Sam would have been perfectly happy just not have a blanket, or go get his own from his room, but Thor thought he looked lonely and claimed him by sitting beside him and draping the blanket over him. Natasha sat on Thor's other side and tugged the edge of the blanket over her own legs. The blanket was hardly big enough for all of them, but by stretching it, they made it work. 

Bruce and Clint also shared a blanket, because they were 'bros' apparently. 

Tony was about to settle down when a thought came to his head. 

"Friday, is Peter asleep?" 

"No." 

Tony frowned. It was quite late already- Peter should be asleep by now. 

"Why not?" 

There was a pause, and he guessed Friday was asking Peter. 

"Peter has experienced a nightmare." 

Within seconds, the whole team was up, including Pepper. 

"Initiate sleepy spider protocol." Tony said seriously, and a children's book popped out of the wall, a book about the avengers and Spider-Man. 

Peter, in his room, groaned as soft music started playing. He should have realised Tony had been the one to ask. He shouldn't have mentioned the nightmares- he should have said he was thinking about brownies or something. 

The whole team piled in only seconds later, some wrapped in blankets, and Tony held the book. 

"Are you kidding me?" Peter groaned, tugging the blanket over his head

Tony pushed him over slightly and sat beside him, and Pepper sat on his other side, running her fingers through his hair. 

Tony cleared his throat, and began on Peter's personal favourite of the several stories within the book- The incredible spider-hulk. 

"It was a normal day at shield headquarters when Nick Fury made a big announcement. 'Heroes, I've called you here today to unveil our newest invention. It can swap your abilities with any hero. Do we have any volunteers?' Hulk couldn't believe it. He had been feeling a bit bulky-"