Christmas Shopping-Xmas chap-3

Peter shuffled over to Tony nervously, rubbing his elbow and chewing his lip, eyes darting up to Tony, who was pulling on his suit, hair recently gelled and combed for whatever he was doing that day. 

"What is it kid? Pep's gonna kill me if I'm late again." 

"I was uh, wondering if I could borrow a little money for christmas shopping? Mum won't let me use my pocket money, he said I should use it on things for myself." 

Tony walked over to where his wallet lay and rummaged through it, pulling out five hundred dollar notes and holding them out for Peter to take. 

"Uh... dad..." Peter said, shocked at the large amount Tony was offering him. 

Realisation dawned across Tony's face, and he started rummaging in his wallet again. 

"Right, of course, a thousand dollars would be much better, wouldn't it?"

"Dad-"

"How bout ten thousand, while we're at it, maybe you can treat yourself to something cool then." 

"Dad!" Peter interupted, pink faced. "I only need, like, fifty dollars at the most. I'm not buying people like, cars or- or I dunno! What do you even buy with ten thousand?!"

"Actually if you look hard enough there are a couple good private jets." Tony said, pulling Peter's wallet from his pocket and stuffing the thousand dollars in. 

"Dad- I don't need-"

"No take backs. You can keep whatever change you make, get yourself some lunch, I can tell you're hungry." 

"How did you-"

"Your hand lingers near your stomach when you're hungry, I dunno if you've noticed. What time do you need to be there?"

"Um, I-I'm meeting MJ and Ned around 12-"

"Great, I can drive you." Tony glanced at his watch and tucked his wallet into his pocket, tucking Peter's wallet into Peter's pocket before leading the way out of the room, swinging his car keys on his finger. 

"But- don't you need to be at a super important meeting somewhere that you said Pepper would kill you if you turned up late-"

"You can be at my funeral then. Make sure only the people I liked are invited, no sniffy government people or rude business men." 

Peter gave him a wide eyed look, jogging into the elevator after him, the bag he was bringing shopping with him swung onto his shoulder. 

Tony glanced at him and noticed the look, softening slightly. 

"Relax kid, it's no biggie. Sure, Pep's gonna be mad, but she'll get over it the moment I tell her I was helping you out." He wrapped a hand around Peter's shoulders and squeezed his shoulder good naturedly.

"But- can't Happy just drive me?"

"What, you don't want your old man to drive you? Am I that embarrassing?"

Peter flushed pink. "I- no- I didn't mean-"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'm teasing, sorry." Tony laughed slightly, and wrapped Peter in a hug, which the boy immediately melted into. "If I'm being honest, I'm just using this as an excuse to try to get out of the meeting. It's going to be super boring." 

Peter laughed slightly. "And you tell me off for procrastinating." 

Tony smirked, the elevator doors opening and the two of them heading into the garage. Tony chose one of his fanciest, most expensive cars and the two of them slipped into the front seats, Tony revving the engine and driving towards the exit, which opened with the click of a button.