Rivalry

"Peter, can you take the trash out please?" Tony called as Peter walked past him with his bag on his shoulder, having just gotten home from school. He was reading an article about himself on the internet, wondering how on earth people had gotten the idea that he and cap were together. 

"Yes dad," Peter sighed, dumping his bag by the door. 

"Put your bag in your room." 

"Yes dad." Peter grumbled, picking up the bag by one of the straps and dragging it into the hallway and into his bedroom. 

A few minutes passed, and Tony began to wonder what exactly Peter was doing when he told him to take the trash out. 

A loud, piercing scream made him jump in his seat, looking around wildly. 

It took him a second to realise it was Clint screaming, and looked at Natasha, who was sitting on the couch opposite him, watching Game of Thrones, wrapped in her favourite knit blanket that Bucky had made. 

Catching his eye, Natasha turned to look at him. "What? I didn't do anything this time, I swear."

"Are you sure? No explosives that you forgot about? Or booby traps that shoot out daggers, or poisons that paralyse you-"

"Nothing! It's not me this time! Maybe Bucky threw his arm at him again." 

Tony hummed in agreement, deciding to ignore Clint's frantic screams and yelps for help. 

Two minutes later, Peter appeared in the doorway of the hallway, dragging someone by the ankles. 

Clint was on the ground, clawing the floor and yelling. 

"Peter put me down! Put me down I swear to god-" he yelled, clawing the ground as Peter easily dragged him by the ankles towards the elevator. 

"Peter what are you doing?" Tony asked, smiling amusedly, watching with eyebrows furrowed in mild confusion. 

Peter turned and looked at him with a wide grin. 

"You told me to take the trash out." 

The room went silent, everyone taking in exactly what had just happened. 

"You little sh!t!" Clint shrieked, scrambling to get out of Peter's grip. 

Peter let him go, smiling widely. Natasha was smiling proudly, as though it had been her idea, and Bucky was having trouble breathing as he cracked up laughing in the kitchen, where he had been drinking milk. 

His once clean shirt was now wet with milk down the front, and milk dripped down his face from his nose and mouth. 

Tony took a deep breath, about to scold Peter, but ended up cracking up laughing as well, pinching his nose. 

Steve walked into the room with Wanda and Thor, all holding so many shopping bags that their arms were no longer visible. Well, except for Wanda, who was making them float around her, annoying Thor who couldn't see due to a shopping bag in his face. 

"What's going on?" He asked, frowning in confusion. 

Natasha quickly explained, and Steve gave Peter his Eyebrows Of DisapointmentTM. 

Wanda meanwhile, smiled, and Thor seemed to be deep in thought. 

"I believe that is what you call a burnt." Thor said, seemingly proud of himself. 

***

Clint pressed his lips together, trying not to snigger outloud as he awaited Peter to walk into his bedroom, a bucket of paint in his hands.