Hibernation

A/N This chapter was requested by GreenFlame1. Thanks so much for this request! If anyone else wants to request you can comment it or do it differently, I don't mind either way. :)

-story starts here- 

Winter had officially started, a blanket of white coating the NYC. 

Peter stared out at the snow from the top of the tower, a doona wrapped around his body, a look of pure joy masking his features. 

"Can we go out and play in the snow dad? Can we? Please?" Peter asked, jumping up and down slightly, eyes wide in hope. 

Tony, who was sipping a pure black coffee, dark bags beneath his eyes, simply yawned. 

"Sure thing kiddo, but put on something warm first." 

Peter grinned giddily, bounding to his room to get dressed. 

He came out ten minutes later, wearing thick pants and a thick jumper, a beanie tucked over his soft brown curls. His shoelaces on his boots weren't tied, and he was about to run to the elevator when Pepper looked up from her phone on the couch. 

"Peter get back here." She told him sternly, watching as his face fell slightly, impatience showing on his pale face. 

Pepper stood up when he got close enough, checking to see how many layers he wore. Not enough, she decided, and went to get him a scarf and another jumper. 

However, when she got back, he was gone. Rolling her eyes, Pepper decided she would scold him when he came back up with a cold. 

Peter, meanwhile, was having fun in the snow at a nearby park with Ned, the pair having fun throwing snowballs at each other. There was two snowmen nearby, one with Peter's beanie on it's head, the other with Ned's scarf around it's neck. 

But as their fun grew on, Peter found himself getting more and more tired. His eyes started to droop, and his limbs began to crave to rest. He yawned loudly several times, wanting to just sit and sleep right there. 

Ned noticed his tiredness and moved from behind his snow castle, going to check if Peter was okay. 

"Are you okay Peter? Did you even sleep last night?" Ned asked worriedly. 

Peter nodded, yawning again. "I dunno what's happening man, I slept like a baby last night..." Peter mumbled, rubbing his eyes. 

Ned frowned. "Let's go back home, we can watch a movie and drink hot chocolate." 

Peter nodded, despite knowing that Ned really meant 'I'll watch the movie and you can sleep'. 

Peter had barely taken two steps when he colapsed to the cold, wet ground, eyes closing as he fell into a deep slumber. 

***

"What, he just went to sleep?" Tony asked, Ned and him watching the med team as they tried to work out what had happened to Peter. 

Ned nodded, managing to keep his excitement hidden behind his seriousness of the situation. 

"It was really weird Mr Stark, he just started getting really tired for no reason then just- floop, on the ground, sleeping." 

Tony nodded, eyebrows furrowed. He knew Peter had slept well last night, he had checked on him six times (not that he'd mention that to anyone) and he even asked FRIDAY to confirm it. 

So why was he asleep? 

Bruce seemed to be working on it, performing various tests on him with the help of the med team. 

Soon, Bruce came out, fiddling with his glasses. 

"He's in hibernation." He confirmed. Tony choked on his spit, eyes widening. 

"I'm sorry, what?" He said, head tilted in his usual manner. 

"He's hibernating. Spiders tend to hibernate in the cold, and he must have inherited that trait when he was bitten." Bruce explained. 

Tony frowned, but Ned seemed to think this was both awesome and hilarious by the way he struggled to keep his mouth straight. 

"Can it be fixed?" Tony asked worriedly. Peter would be devastated to find out he had missed Christmas. 

"If we trick his body into thinking it's warm again, it might work, but once he's awake we'll have to keep him very warm." 

Tony nodded, watching the med team move Peter into a different room, covering him in several blankets. 

They walked out of the glass, see through room, turning up the temperature until Peter's vitals started to rise to normal again. 

Peter yawned, rubbing his eyes with closed fists in a childlike manner. He blinked sleep from his eyes, looking around. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion as he looked around, confused to find himself in a glass room with yellow lights, the room very warm for winter. 

The door opened and in came Ned and Tony, sending smiles his way. 

"You went into hibernation dude!" Ned told him, grinning. 

"I hibernate?" Peter asked, sitting up further. Ned nodded enthusiastically. 

"We're gonna have to keep you extra warm now, so no more neglecting putting on enough jumpers." Tony warned him. 

Peter lowered his head sheepishly. "How long was I asleep?"

"A couple of hours, we managed to trick your body into thinking it was warm enough to wake up." Bruce said as he came in. 

"Thanks Uncle Bruce." Peter said, smiling slightly guiltily. 

"Come on kiddo, we've turned up the heater in the tower so you can come out of this room. We'll have to work on a solution for everywhere else though." 

Peter nodded, hopping out of the bed and following Ned and Tony to the elevator. Ned talked to him the entire time about what had happened and that maybe his theory that Peter laid eggs was actually true. 

Pepper was quick to hug Peter the moment Peter was back, kissing his forehead. "I was so worried!"

Peter mumbled a sorry into her chest. 

"I'm making hot chocolate!" Pepper announced, letting go of Peter and going to the kitchen. 

Peter turned to Tony with a hopeful expression, eyes big and bottom lip sucked slightly more in than his top lip, lips pressed together tightly. "Can Ned and I watch that really old movie Back to The Future?" 

Tony chuckled. God, this kid was going to be the end of him. "Sure thing kiddo," he said. "I'll get an Uber eats to bring us snacks, I think we ran out yesterday." 

Peter and Ned looked at each other with big grins running to the couch and dibsing their favourite spots loudly.

Peter's was in the corner of the couch, where there was a large square of couch, filled with cushions and blankets of different sorts. 

Ned's favourite spot was the middle, where he liked to curl up right in front of tv, the couch cushions sinking around him. He also had perfect access to the coffee table in front of him, where Pepper placed his hot chocolate and Tony placed the bowl of chips he had managed to dig out. 

The pair turned on the movie, wrapped like burritos in their blankets, fluffy socks on their bare feet. 

One movie turned into three, a quick break taken to eat lunch, then yet another movie before Pepper forced them to turn it off, making them go do lego in Peter's room. 

Tony made sure that the heaters were always on in Peter's suit during the winter seasons, and Peter would often wear it underneath his normal clothes. 

He didn't hibernate anymore thanks to that, except for once, which was embarrassingly during class. 

A/N Sorry this chapter is short, next one should be longer :) . Also, I live in a place where snow is nonexistent so I hope the portrayal of snow was realistic? I've literally never seen it before, lol. Anyway, thanks for reading, have a great day :)