Cat Lady

A week had passed by but Selene still couldn't gather the courage to even get close to cat lady's house. It wasn't that she was scared, she didn't know what she'd say if he was actually there.

She decided that it was enough of that childish behaviour and with her heart beating out of her chest she arrived in front of the house where she would supposedly see the blue-eyed beauty.

The first thing she saw were the dozens of cats walking around or laying in the big grassy yard. Then she noticed the old lady sitting in a rocking chair on the porch while knitting.
Selene slowly walked through the maze of cats, a jumpy one occasionally running into her legs.
"Um, good afternoon Miss." She politely greeted. The old lady turned to look at her with a surprised look.
"Hello dear. What brings you here? Do you need some help?" She put down her half knitted material.
"Well, if it isn't a bother I was wondering if I could sit here for a while." Selene put a smile at the end.
"Of course. I don't mind people coming here. You can play with my cats if you want to."
"Thank you." She doubted her next question, but asked anyway.
"Also, do you maybe know a young man coming here often?"
"Oh, yes. He usually comes before dark to bring me dinner and he pets a few of his favourite cats. He's a lovely boy." She laughed seeming like she was reminiscing on a moment when he was here.
"Will he come today?" Selene asked again.
"Probably. He comes every day."
"Okay. I'll be around. You can call me if you need something Miss."
"Please, call me Geraldine."
"Very well Geraldine." Selene giggled and turned towards the cats.
She spotted a black cat that was very far from all the other ones.
'It looks lonely' she thought, and approached it. She squatted down and  patted it's head. The cat was awoken from its slumber and lazily opened its eyes.
'Oh my god' Selene thought when she saw the cat's two different colored eyes. One light blue and one a striking green colour.
"You're a very pretty kitty." She said as she picked up the cat and placed it in her lap.

That's how Selene spent the rest of her day. She petted quite a lot of cats and ate a little, she helped Geraldine when she needed it and then proceeded to pet more cats. She was in cat heaven.

Sadly, he never showed up. It was getting dark so Selene bid her goodbyes to Geraldine and headed home.
What she didn't know was that the man she was waiting for was there the whole time. He just didn't show his face.