What The Late Night Brings

Selene didn't know what to do. So she stood there just staring at him. And he stared back.

"You came." Selene finally stated after a solid minute or so in silence.
"I did." He took a step forward.
"You said you wouldn't."
"I know." Another step.
"What changed your mind?"
"I have something to give you." He now stood before her.
"A present?" Selene followed his hand as he reached in the pocket of his coat and took out a tiny black box. He handed it to her. When Selene opened it she saw the cutest little keychain. It was a black kitten snuggled cozily inside a basket.
"Thank you. You didn't have to bring me anything." He wouldn't have given her anything, but a certain old lady gave him some advice and with him knowing nothing on how to make a girl happy, he carefully listened and concluded that it'd be perfect to give her something nice and meaningful. He was glad it worked because Selene had the most wonderful smile Daemon had ever seen.
"You can put the keychain on the keys for the gallery." Selene found it very adorable when he'd say something so obvious.
"I will." She took the keys out of her coat pocket and put the keychain on.
"Look. Perfect." She jiggled the keys in front of him.
"Yes. Perfect." He wasn't looking at the keys when he said that. Instead he was staring straight into her eyes. And he meant those words for her, because to him, she looked perfect right now.

Maybe Selene's heart started beating thousands of times faster when she saw he was looking at her. But just maybe.

"Can I see the paintings?" He broke the moment.
"Yes. Of course." He already moved away from her and went straight for the one painting she had of him.
This was a painting she had doubts about putting up, the reason was because it was obvious who the person on it was. She had drawn a very detailed portrait of him and now he was looking at it.
"This is me. Isn't it?"
"It is." Selene was a little embarrassed.
"Why did you paint me?"
"Because...you're beautiful." Selene mumbled hoping he wouldn't hear. But he had a hearing better than a normal humans'.
"Me? Beautiful?" He sounded so surprised by it, Selene couldn't believe that this man didn't know the beauty he held.
"Yes. You don't see it?"
"I look like a monster." Selene snapped her head towards him.
"Don't you dare think you're a monster. You're far from it." She didn't think before she pulled him by his coat and pressed her head against his chest. Daemon's hands moved and next thing he knew he had them wrapped around her.

Selene totally forgot that West had to come back and at that moment he decided to make his appearance.
"I'm ba-" He cut himself off when he saw them. Selene pushed against Daemon's chest and panicked.
"West! I-I...we can leave. Let's go. Daemon was also leaving." She was feeling afraid. Partially because West saw them hugging but mainly because she didn't want him to feel hurt and get mad at Daemon. She didn't want them to fight. It would end badly.
"Daemon you can go." She looked at him with a look that said 'Please leave' . Daemon didn't say anything, he threw a nasty look at West and left.
"Get two of these boxes and I'll get two." She didn't leave space for him to answer because she bolted outside and waited for him. He came a moment later and after locking they went on their way.
"I'm just jealous." West suddenly stated.
"You weren't supposed to see that. I'm sorry."
"No. It's okay. As long as you're happy." West said a little too bitterly. But that was the jealousy speaking maybe.
"I am."
"Good."
They stayed silent the rest of the way.