Good Night

Daemon's room was nowhere near comfortable. It was just a not so bad cell. It has two decent beds across from each other, a sink and a mirror and that was it. Compared to the other cells this was luxury because the beds were at least made of good mattresses and the cell didn't smell like piss since it didn't have a toilet inside.
That didn't matter to Daemon and Selene though. They were just happy to see one another.
"Did they hurt you in any way?" Selene sat down on one of the beds.
"No. They did some tests but nothing too bad. They found that my body doesn't work like a normal one but I'm still..normal. It was complicated, but it doesn't matter since I can't change that."
"Hmm, okay... But, why are you still here if you're not arrested?"
"I can't tell that. I want to but tomorrow maybe. When we meet up with Froid again."
"Ugh, it's my mom's fault this happened. I'll never forgive her for this." Selene looked down and shook her head both in disappointment and determination.
"Selene. Whatever you do, promise me you won't do that." Selene abruptly raised her head.
"Don't ever do that to your mother. Not when she's the only family you have now." Daemon looked sad. Selene noticed how his lips turned into a frown ans his eyes slacked.
"Daemon..." She reached out to hold his hands and carefully held them.
"I wish I still had my family. You know, I'd give anything to just bring them back and apologize."
"You must miss them. It's been a short time since dad died and he wasn't even that good but I still want to see him again. I didn't realize how much I'd miss him when he really is gone. And I didn't even tell him everything I wanted to." Selene's eyes glistened.
"I know how you feel. The last time I saw my moms I yelled so much and I hurt them and my sister...she suffered because of my bad behaviour, she didn't have her brother to protect her when she needed it and it ended in me losing her. I'll never forgive myself for it." This was the first time Selene's seen Daemon so open with his emotions but she liked it. It meant he trusted her enough to confide in her.
"It passed Daemon. It's no use thinking of it now, just think of you and how to better yourself. Change all those things that made you lose your family."
"I am. I have been for years and I barely see any progress. But I am trying. And...I think meeting you made me feel again. That's the thing I'm focusing more on now. I want to be emotional. You caused something in me to appear that I've last felt when I was a little boy." He pulled her up by her hands that she had in his.
"And...w-what is that feeling?"
"Love. I love you Selene." Selene's heart right then throbbed like never before. He loved her. She was suppressing the scream of joy that bubbled in her throat and instead said, "I-I love you too Daemon."
Then she saw the most beautiful smile decorate his face. It's the first time he's smiled at her and it already became Selene's favourite outer feature in him.
She saw the hesitation in him. He wanted to kiss her but he was scared he'd do it wrongly so she stood on her tiptoes, pulled him by the collar of his shirt and closed the space between them. If anyone asked either of the two what was the best moment of their lives, they'd have the same answer. This. This feeling that they shared right now as their lips moved against each other in perfect synchronization was not to be compared to anything.
It really was love.