Leave

While Daemon was absentmindedly petting Coal he replayed the moment Selene hugged him over and over again. Not just because it was Selene and he felt very strange things for her but also because it was the first time someone had hugged him. He couldn't forget that. He felt strange then and he still does now, he didn't understand why his heart clenched and why he wanted to smile when her arms touched his body. He had always thought it wasn't possible to feel something for someone other than himself, he barely saw himself in a good light and not to speak of others.
But now, he didn't get how one girl he didn't know caused him to feel such things. And he didn't know if he wanted to feel them. He has never been more confused in his life.

Meanwhile, Selene was jumping up and down in her room.

She was happy, more than happy even. For one she couldn't believe she had the courage to hug him and she couldn't believe he didn't want to kill her after. That's one of the reasons she ran home. And why the hug lasted less than 10 seconds.
It was already very late but that didn't stop Selene from painting out her feelings. She hasn't felt inspired like this in a long time and she intended to use every last drop of inspiration in her.
So she pulled an all nighter.

If it wasn't for her mother waking her up she would've slept all morning. She was exhausted.
"Selene baby, wake up. Your father and I need to talk to you." Her mother gently shook her.
"Ugh, okay. Wait for me downstairs, I'll be there in 5." Her mother kissed Selene's cheek and left.

After washing up and getting dressed Selene sat down opposite her parents in the living room.
"Selene, we don't have much time before work, so, we'll just ask you. And we expect an honest answer." Her mother started with a gentle tone.
"We saw you when you came home last night. And we saw the man with you, we also know who he is, so we wanted to know what you were doing with him." Selene tried to keep the best poker face on.
"I met him through a mutual friend. We're just acquaintances but he took me home because it was too late to walk back alone. That's it." With a little twist to the truth and shortening the whole story Selene managed to explain herself.
"Do you know he's a criminal?" Her father asked.
"He isn't a criminal!" Selene fought back a little too loud.
"He isn't. He's a nice person. Don't judge him based on the things you hear from others." She didn't care what they thought of this, she wanted to protect him.
"He's a murderer. Someone has to get him behind bars Selene! You know very well how many he's killed. Even though there's no evidence that it's him everyone knows it is." When it came to topics like this Selene's father always got riled up.
"You can't see him again. I forbid you. Your mother agrees too." He stated. Selene glanced at her mother but she held her head down.
"You can't! I'm a grown woman I can think for myself." Selene didn't stand well with his decision.
"As long as you live under this roof you listen to me and your mother. Don't make me take other precautions. I will know when you see him from now on. But next time I won't be so good to you. I've had enough of your foolish acting lately. You think we don't notice that you're gone for days and when you're home you're locked in your room? Your mother was the one that was too good to you, but I've had enough of you. So, pull yourself together before I make you. Got it Selene?" It was very rare for her father to get mad, but Selene knew very well that when he did he was mad.
"Fine. If it's going to be like this consider me gone! I'll pack my bags and leave. You can't control my life father. You did when I was younger but don't think I'm still the same girl I was then. I'm sorry that because of you I have to leave mother too. But if it's about my future, then I need to out myself first." With that Selene ran to her room, quickly packed a suitcase and ran out of the house, leaving her parents.