Sketch-y

December 11, 20XXWednesday

December 11, 20XX
Wednesday

As I walk into the station, I notice a lady selling hot chocolate. The warm, cinnamon drink is topped decoratively--- the whipped cream spiraled around the striped straw with the cutest clinging koala on it.

I'm such a sucker for cute stuff.

I purchase the drink and make my way up to the platform as happy as a kid on Christmas.

As I make it to the top, I spot train boy across the platform.

I nearly spill my hot cocoa.

With a racing heart, I take a seat and sip my hot chocolate while sneaking butterfly glances at him.

At the bench across, he was seated with his arms across his chest and a large portfolio right next to him.

I squint my eyes as I try to get the portfolio to open with my non-existent magical powers.

Nothing.

I sink into my hot chocolate with disappointment.

Train boy shifts position and messes with his hair.

Note: Train boy is frustrated.

Now, He's sitting with his head in his hands.

I watch as he opens his portfolio.

I excitedly lean forward and hope to get a glimpse of it.

He closes it and puts his head back in his hands.

I pout.

Out of nowhere, his head snaps up and I jolt a little in my spot.  He looks up and looks all around him, my heart starts running a marathon.

Then, his eyes land on me and stay on me.

I widen my eyes before putting my drink down.

He sits up straight and leans back against the back of the bench with his tongue pressed against his cheek.

Like the awkward turtle I am, I look away and continue to sip my drink.

For a minute, I get lost in the rich flavor. I suck on the straw until I hear the end, then pull away with a smack of my lips.

Is he still looking?

I slowly turn to look and hes still staring right at me, I freeze.

The train bursts between us and I feel myself unfreeze from his stare.

Oh wow.

For a second there, I almost turned into a statue.

I watch as he gets on the train.

And with a smile, he opens up his portfolio and starts sketching like crazy.

If only it was me.

I feel a tap and turn to look at the lady next to me.

She points to her upper lip.

I widen my eyes and bring up my hand to my upper lip.

And realize I had whipped cream stuck on my upper lip.

Oh my god.

Kill me.