Fight

MAY 04, 20XXMONDAY

MAY 04, 20XX
MONDAY

Just as I was about to head out of my house to school, I got a message from Taehyung.

He wanted to ditch school today and walk downtown, so I met up with him.

Things didn't get weird between us after I brought up his arm. He decided to brush it under the rug and act like it didn't happen.

I decided to trust him.

If he said he was fine, then he was fine. It wasn't my business to prod him further.

We were walking downtown, this time in the daylight. We had no agenda. We just would go wherever the crowd would go.

"Do you want to see something?" Taehyung cocks an eyebrow.

I nod eagerly and he pulls me as we weave through the crowd. We finally make it to a tall building. I look up and realize its KNUA--- his university.

He walks along the front of the building until we are standing in front of portraits. He grins at me and I put up my hand to my cover my mouth.

"That's me! The one you drew."

It was on display in the front of the school. A caption below it:

Art is a reflection of how you view things. My art is beautiful because my muse is beautiful. -Kim Taehyung

"Tae-"

Just as I was about to thank him, a familiar voice interrupted us.

"Taehyung!" She yelled.

We spun around to see Yeri gripping onto her bag strap as she stood at the gated entrance of the school, heated.

"Yeri-" He tucks me behind him.

"What are you doing here. You're supposed to be at the hospital." She's shaking in anger.

My heart picks up pace as I look up at Taehyung. He's hiding behind his fringe, his grip on my hand loosening.

"I thought you were cured?" I ask Taehyung, feeling a sense of panic.

"Cured?"

Yeri laughs with no humor and Taehyung takes a step towards her. But it's too late. She drops the bomb.

"There's no cure for bone cancer!"

I freeze in my spot. My eyes fluttering as I feel the need to sit down. The world feeling like it's crashing underneath me.

Taehyung turns to me, tears brimming his eyes.

She stomps over.

"You're supposed to be at the hospital so they could manage it! You've hit stage III! You aren't allowed out!" Yeri starts screaming as Taehyung grabs her.

With tears in his eyes, he pleads her to stop talking. "Yeri, please don't say any more."

She turns to look at me with fire in her eyes.

"This is all your fault!"

Taehyung shakes his head. "It's not her fault! She had no idea.... I'm sorry."

I feel my own tears slip down my cheek, but I have no idea what to feel.

"You little!"

I jolt as lunges toward me. Taehyung grabs her with both arms. She yanks from him forcefully, causing him to cry out in pain.

I gasp and rush over to him.

He's holding his arm as he looks down at me.

"I-I'm okay."

Then,

Taehyung fainted.